Documentation errors

lemoen

Maybe we can use this thread to document errors we find in the documentation.

Mission 2 Briefing, P1:

"The pod has a listening mode that scoops up electrons from radio transmitters – early warning radars, search radars, acquisition radars and the like – and records them so that out ELINT guys can find and map enemy threat systems"

Radio transmitters don't send out electrons, they send out electromagnetic waves, no electrons are exchanged.

Thanks but I think I will leave it the way it is. That is just a common colloquial way of putting it. Also, consider it from the pod's point of view. Is it the waves it is scooping or is it the electron flow the waves induce that it is scooping? I'm not saying you are wrong, just that it doesn't matter in the context of the mission briefing.

Page 10 in briefing for MSN09 is out of order? (from another mission)

Yes sir, this one needed one more close read. The correct target is rail cars as shown in the images on page 15 and TOT should be 0822. Dodge 2 will hit artillery 4 miles to the southeast, and Colt 3 and 4 will provide SEAD. The rest seems ok but I'm running it one more time just to make sure.

I'm updating the TOTs for the lineup card as well. They should all be in the 0815 - 0830 range.

Thanks again!

Edited by Bunyap

• 10 months later...
"The pod has a listening mode that scoops up electrons from radio transmitters – early warning radars, search radars, acquisition radars and the like – and records them so that out ELINT guys can find and map enemy threat systems"

It's not the expression which shocks me (especially with the action of scooping, as stated by others), but the "so that out ELINT guys" part ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...