Is it possible?

BlacleyCole

I’m wanting to design a series of training missions based on the ai demonstrating the technique the the client trying the technique with guidance from the ai the being graded on the technique. Will this be possible?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I doubt you'll be able to wrangle a textbook demonstration of a behavior out of the AI. You can get pretty deep with checking a client's altitude/airspeed/heading/switch positions etc. at any given point in time but the AI are notoriously difficult to control, and also use a different flight model than player aircraft.

As long as i can tell if they are off the desired heading and altitude or didn’t do something directed to do i should be fine.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Yeah, you should be in good shape for that kind of stuff - check out the triggers: UNIT'S ALTITUDE HIGHER THAN/LOWER THAN, UNIT'S HEADING WITHIN LIMITS, UNIT'S SPEED HIGHER THAN/LOWER THAN, etc. in conjunction with UNIT INSIDE ZONE; you'll basically create a series of areas along the flight path where you can check that your client is performing as desired. You can combine this with TIME MORE or TIME SINCE FLAG triggers if they need to perform tasks within a time limit.

Depending on how harshly you want to penalize failures to perform, you could allow something like a three strike system where each mistake increases a flag's value and once the flag reaches a certain value they are DQ'd, or you could end the mission immediately at the first failure.