Snap View keeps needing to be reset

GazAce

Hey all, I'm having some probs in my A-10C with my snap view not staying in the view I save to. Just spent near 2 hours friggin around with this thing. Every time I leave and revisit a mission, whether it's one I've made or one that's in a campaign I have to go through and reset all the views again. It's a real pain in the behind. Anyone else having this trouble? And yep I have the User Save Snap Views box ticked. I'm wondering if it's got anything to do with 2.5 Beta or something I've missed?

huh.gifhelpsmilie.gif

It seems to be working now, that was just so weird

noexpression.gif

Nope still screwy and it's when I go that Sturmovik Campaign mission and try to set my Snap View then leave that mission and try in another the snap view is not set again? it's really weird. I give up.

sad.gif

Edited by GazAce

GazAce's "Skynet Rig" :: :: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A Mobo :: Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 MSI Gaming Slim GPU 24GB :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO White Cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) & a couple of other Drives adding another 1.5 TB :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Monitor :: MSI 1000 Watt PSU PCIE5 :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Check another mission. Most probably its the known issue with view settings stored in the mission file, in which case the in-mission view settings are applied on top of user ones.

I've seen this issue quite often with the training missions.

If you have a direct access to the mission file you can solve the problem by applying procedure as described in Troubleshooting Missings: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Snap_views

EDIT:

Check if you have a option to use the same view settings in all missions (sorry can't remember how it's called exactly) marked as yes. In such case disable it as this option makes your view settings stored into the mission. In result if you're adjusting them you can get the old settings that were saved at the time when the mission was created.

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Check another mission. Most probably its the known issue with view settings stored in the mission file, in which case the in-mission view settings are applied on top of user ones.

I've seen this issue quite often with the training missions.

If you have a direct access to the mission file you can solve the problem by applying procedure as described in Troubleshooting Missings: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Snap_views

EDIT:

Check if you have a option to use the same view settings in all missions (sorry can't remember how it's called exactly) marked as yes. In such case disable it as this option makes your view settings stored into the mission. In result if you're adjusting them you can get the old settings that were saved at the time when the mission was created.

Thanks firmek, very much appreciate your input mate. I'm not sure why this is happening all of a sudden. I usually have no prob with this once it is set to different views within the pit. I will try looking for that option you mentioned but the other I'll leave alone. I have little experience with scripts and stuff like that. Cheers G

smile.gif

EDIT: I just tried to again and this time using my laptop with just kb and mouse as I thought my HOTAS on the big rig might be causing the problem but still same results. Snap view won't save and I'm not sure why. I couldn't find that setting you mentioned, looked everywhere. Only one that relates is the User Snap View Save in the Misc options. Although halfway thru writing this I found some success and all views stayed put in no matter what campaign or single mission I load incl my own ones except when I go to that A-10C Sturmovik mission. As once I hit rgt Ctrl num pad 0 in that campaign mission all the saves are gone in the others when I return. Never had this prob before, I used to just save the views and they stay put in all missions.

huh.gif

Very sorry, last edit, over it now and kinda beaten

Seems like it doesn't matter which mission or campaign, snap not saving at all

sad.gif

Edited by GazAce

GazAce's "Skynet Rig" :: :: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A Mobo :: Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 MSI Gaming Slim GPU 24GB :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO White Cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) & a couple of other Drives adding another 1.5 TB :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Monitor :: MSI 1000 Watt PSU PCIE5 :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Thanks firmek, very much appreciate your input mate. I'm not sure why this is happening all of a sudden. I usually have no prob with this once it is set to different views within the pit. I will try looking for that option you mentioned but the other I'll leave alone. I have little experience with scripts and stuff like that. Cheers G

smile.gif

EDIT: I just tried to again and this time using my laptop with just kb and mouse as I thought my HOTAS on the big rig might be causing the problem but still same results. Snap view won't save and I'm not sure why. I couldn't find that setting you mentioned, looked everywhere. Only one that relates is the User Snap View Save in the Misc options. Although halfway thru writing this I found some success and all views stayed put in no matter what campaign or single mission I load incl my own ones except when I go to that A-10C Sturmovik mission. As once I hit rgt Ctrl num pad 0 in that campaign mission all the saves are gone in the others when I return. Never had this prob before, I used to just save the views and they stay put in all missions.

huh.gif

Very sorry, last edit, over it now and kinda beaten

Seems like it doesn't matter which mission or campaign, snap not saving at all

sad.gif

ALL GOOD!! Now snap view is now saving! I don't know why/when/where/how but the dam thing is working! thumbup.gifsmile.gif