Disappearing Helicopter on Ship

dresoccer4

Hello -

I made a custom mission with a small fleet of ships cruising along in the Caucuses to practice my carrier landings. I stuck some helicopters on the decks of the smaller ships with "uncontrolled" selected, so I could Alt-J (great band!) into them later if i wanted to fly. however after a minute or less they just disappear. I can still go to them with F2, but there's nothing there. If I try to Alt-J into them it says "Unable to enter aircraft".

Pics below, note the timing:

[ATTACH]180974[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]180975[/ATTACH]

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

In current state of the sim use the CLIENT skill level (controlled) instead of uncontrolled AI.

(EDIT: Unable to Ralt+J to an uncontrolled AI even after the "start" task is triggered.)

I never use the PLAYER skill level.

1. If you add a new unit as player the old player became AI.

2. You manually change the player to client. Then if you add a new unit as player the old last player (now client) became AI (average).

Edited by discwalker
experimenting with "start" task

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

problem is the helicopter/plane isn't visible with the "client" setting. i want to be able to see the vehicle in the F2 rotation.

but i dont even care about RAlt+J thing, i just wanted the heli to be sitting on the back of the ship. and it disappears after 30 seconds ... ?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Reproduced with moving ships at full speed after 5 minutes. Ka-50s not visible through all angles, able to see from the nose section of the ship heading North. Normandy, O.H.Perry / Neustrashimy, Pyotr Velikiy, after so much time on Moskva

Edited by discwalker
n-m, North

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

Kamovs are visible from all angles after takeoff, and after landing also not visible from all angles.

(Bonus: A MiG-21bis flight playing dangerous formation landing to Sukhumi with invisible atomic bombs.)

thanks for the confirmation! i was going to upload my mission tonight but you beat me to it. agreed the helo will pop back into view at weird angles but then disappear again when you move your camera.

• 2 months later...