DCS crash 2.5.0u5 with Nevada

Flagrum

Updated to 2.5.0u5 today. Start DCS, enter mission editor, click New Mission, select Nevada map at the coalition screen. DCS logo appears and after some seconds DCS crashes.

Did then a DCS clean, DCS repair and tried it again - crashed again.

Then I tried the same procedure but with Caucasus: that map loads fine in mission editor.

Then, while Caucausus map was still shown in mission editor, I selected File->New and selected Nevada again. Result: crash.

Logs show the initial attempt (start DCS after fresh DCS clean + DCS repair and tried to start a mission at Nevada).

dcs.log-20180321-224841.zip

• ED Team

Hi Flagrum

I tried to reproduce but was unable

Try my crash advice in my signature below.

create a backup DCS.Openbeta folder and restart DCS to test.

remember first load always takes longer.

let me know if it helps.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal

Problem solved.

Seems that some files of the Nevada map got corrupted somehow and the DCS repair did not notice this. After deleting the mods\nevada folder, DCS repair did it's job and now Nevada is working again in the mission editor.

Problem solved.

Seems that some files of the Nevada map got corrupted somehow and the DCS repair did not notice this. After deleting the mods\nevada folder, DCS repair did it's job and now Nevada is working again in the mission editor.

I have encontered the same problem, DCS 2.5 crashes everytime when runing on the Neveda map. I am now trying your method to repair the map, but the Torrenting rate from server is SO slow, it is down to 20-40 KB/S, and the 31GB of NTTR map is going to take 5-6 DAYS to complete the download / "repair" !

There is got to be a better way to do this "repairs" of DCS. Considering how much time we have already spent on downloading the maps, modules, hot fixes...and how much time we ARE going to waste on downloading when F/A -18 and F-14, etc come out...It has just made DCS a waiting game ;).

• ED Team
I have encontered the same problem, DCS 2.5 crashes everytime when runing on the Neveda map. I am now trying your method to repair the map, but the Torrenting rate from server is SO slow, it is down to 20-40 KB/S, and the 31GB of NTTR map is going to take 5-6 DAYS to complete the download / "repair" !

There is got to be a better way to do this "repairs" of DCS. Considering how much time we have already spent on downloading the maps, modules, hot fixes...and how much time we ARE going to waste on downloading when F/A -18 and F-14, etc come out...It has just made DCS a waiting game ;).

Please attach your dcs.log after the crash we may find some clues in them.

Downloading is the nature of the beast unfortunately, and the files size will only get bigger as we get more content, there is no other way.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal

Hi BIGNEWY,

Thanks for your timely reply:thumbup:. Attached please find my files after crash.

I understand the map sizes are getting bigger as they get better and nicer, but how come the downloading /Torrenting rate from server is ALWAYS so slow (~ 30 Kb/s by average) ??? ;)

dcs.log-20180323-091040.zip

dcs.log-20180323-090642.zip

dcs.log-20180323-085148.zip

• ED Team

Not sure, I get any where from 1 - 8 MB/s in the uk when I download using torrent. What part of the world are you in?

DCS seems to be using your "Intel® HD Graphics 530" which DCS does not support

You may find your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 is a little low end for DCS are you using everything on low settings?

I would go with a fresh gpu driver to start with, to see if it helps

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 30 GB; Discrete video card: 2 GB RAM (AMD, NVIDIA); requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / ATI R9 290 DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Not sure, I get any where from 1 - 8 MB/s in the uk when I download using torrent. What part of the world are you in?

DCS seems to be using your "Intel® HD Graphics 530" which DCS does not support

You may find your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 is a little low end for DCS are you using everything on low settings?

I would go with a fresh gpu driver to start with, to see if it helps

I am in California. Right now I just do some basic trainings on DCS and wait for the Hornet coming out before upgrading my GPU. Also wait for the price drops ...

• 5 months later...

Crash:Nevada brings me back to desktop.

After updating to DCS World OpenBeta 2.5.3.21153 i have problems.

When i load any mission with Caucausus map to play or in Editor, then it works all fine.

When i load any mission with Nevada map to play or in Editor, then it brings me to the desktop in a second.

I tried followed to solve it without results:

* deleted the "DCS.openbeta" folder in "Saved Games"

* deleted Nevada map in game (Module manager->Installed->Terrains) and did a re-install

* let updater run : DCS World OpenBeta/bin (DCS_Updater)

* selecting the bin folder, doing a repair (dcs_updater.exe repair)

* un-install full DCS and re-installed again all

* again few times the first 4 (deleting saved games, deleting nevade map in game, updater,repair)

Here included the last Log show the initial attempt (start DCS after fresh DCS clean + DCS repair and tried to start a mission at Nevada).

Have someone a clue to help me with this ?

Many Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems it was caused by the update "2.5.3.21153", now i recieved a new update "2.5.3.21235" and all works back fine

Big smile

dcs log.zip

Edited by TRCatman