Land Combat Sim??

I will really love a land sim based in Lock On engine

We haven't got enough CPU power to run the level of detail required for a land sim plus LOs A2A and A2G environment.

Have a look at SteelBeast Pro ... a fanastic sim, good AI, great terrain engine (even got grass!) and great support from the devs too!

James

http://www.thebattlesim.com

My guess would be a tank sight, but don't take it from me. I think a few guys on here have played it...a Glowing_Amraam movie comes to mind...but my memory is bad this late on a Friday ;)

Wait, what are those sims like? i'd like to know...

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Never mind. It's just the different simulation engins in lockon.

EDIT: I must say though, a land sim would be cool, but it couldn't be realistic. An M1A1 Abrams tank has a crew of atleast 2. (More if i'm not mistaken.) Thus, It could not be accurataly modeled in lockon. (for the same reason why the F-14 cannot be modeled realistically)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

http://www.armedassault.com/

That's what you're all looking for. Brilliant combat simulation, the aeroplanes in it are relatively realistic (nothing like LOMAC though) and the copters feel pretty realistic...but that's probably because I've never played Enemy Engaged or similar. The stuff on the ground is phenomenal though, really tense and...well...realistic.

Best thing about it though is support for TrackIR, which I'm sure will please a few here ;)

There are also a few aircraft vids on related.

• Like 1

porkylomacscale1sl0.jpg

Ya, so it cannot be simulated realistically. BF2 is the closest your going to get.

I did. I Hope they do make the F/A-18 for one of their next sims. The F-16, cool, but not as exciting as the F/A-18

It's not a sim. It's the simulation engine that runs lockon. If you check out the screen shots it just shows lockon.

The Lock On engine has just about run it course... I think I saw a post or 2 from the developers sometime ago concerning this...

They're apparently in the process or writing a new engine, and from what I recall they're also looking at Dual Core...

But will this happen and if so when will it be ready????

At least its something to think about and maybe look forward to anyway...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

As far as Ed producing an F-18 Flight Simulation / Game ... Huummmm...

They apparently do have enough data to actually give us a very detailed and well thought out game ..

But who's to say if they'll actually choose to do this ... Your guess is as good as mine....

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I hope...

http://www.armedassault.com/

That's what you're all looking for. Brilliant combat simulation, the aeroplanes in it are relatively realistic (nothing like LOMAC though) and the copters feel pretty realistic...but that's probably because I've never played Enemy Engaged or similar. The stuff on the ground is phenomenal though, really tense and...well...realistic.

Best thing about it though is support for TrackIR, which I'm sure will please a few here ;)

There are also a few aircraft vids on related.

I agree totally with you on that. Its hard to imagine a more realistic ground based sim than ArmA. On the weekend I was playing an ArmA coop mission as a gunner on a Vulcan, luckily I had a good driver and I shot everything for about 50 mins .. Shilkas, Buildings, BMPs and I got really lucky when a Ka50 showed up right over our heads. I've also driven tanks, ridden motorcycles, manned the 50 on the back of a Landrover .. and none of that played out as an arcade type shootem up.

However the Jets in ArmA aren't very good at all but the choppers are very good for an infantry sim.. in fact after the 1.05 patch I would say its good enough to be called a very basic Helicopter sim in regards to the FM.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.