Sky colours - too dark at zenith?

philstyle

anyone else find that the sky is a really, really dark blue at the 12-O'clock high position, even at midday, especially on Normandy map?

For me, the sky is white at the horizon (fine with me..), but almost navy-blue right above, and any contacts that fly directly overhead almost disappear... anyone else also got this?

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

anyone else find that the sky is a really, really dark blue at the 12-O'clock high position, even at midday, especially on Normandy map?

For me, the sky is white at the horizon (fine with me..), but almost navy-blue right above, and any contacts that fly directly overhead almost disappear... anyone else also got this?

It's too dark because most probably you are running DCS with deferred shading on...

With the 2.5 release version I have tested again with and without, and for me is clear, deferred shading off!

A lot of the cockpits are unusable at dusk / night. in my opinion. The Maverick display in the Harrier for example, is so dark that you can't see anything.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202460

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

• 2 weeks later...

ReShade and 1 plugin; Sepia is all you need to get the color scheme you like.

that 1 plugin doesnt affect framerate or frametime at all.

i selected light tan (khaki) colour and set it to slightly lighten the image and givin it a bit of red/orange tint that i tought was missing (too blue, too green by default).

these are the values i used:

(these are in the [profilename]profile.ini that you'll find in DCS world\bin after creating the profile in the ReShade UI (ingame))

Effects=Sepia.fx

Techniques=Tint

TechniqueSorting=Tint

[sepia.fx]

Tint=1.000000,0.77,0.59

Strength=0.160000

the image really came ALIVE after this little tweak ;)

Edited by voodooman

• 5 years later...
On 4/8/2018 at 6:17 PM, philstyle said:

Yes, I've noticed the same issue on the Normandy map. The sky's unusually dark blue at the zenith, making it challenging to spot aircraft flying directly overhead. While the white horizon is realistic, the intense navy-blue hue right above seems a bit exaggerated. free fire name

Edited by Aaronn
  • Like 1