Clickey Cockpit for one of the Russian FC3 planes

russhin

I know it would probably not happen any time soon, but it would be pretty neat if the Mig-29, or the Su-27/ Su-33 which have the PFM, would get a clicky cockpit. I understand there is a lot on the pipeline, but maybe some day.

Little background on why I would love this: I used to play quite a bit of A-10C (back in 2015ish) and recently got into the Su-27, and have fallen in love with the Sukhoi, everything about it. Since it is unlikely we will get an updated version of the Su-27, or the Su-35, and I assume many people do enjoy flying the Su-27 it would be like a half step, not quite the huge project that would be hard to get real info for like the Su-35, but would give the Su-27 fans something new to play with.

Used to fly a plane once in a while, now I fly a chair every day! (7800K 5Ghz OC, EVGA 1080, 16Gigs, SSD, AIO)

All it would be would be twenty or thirty buttons substituting for the hot key's, and even that hit and miss. The FC3 aircraft mush a lot of functions together into ways that don't really exist or have direct physical counterparts. A lot of the systems the buttons in cockpit go to aren't merely simplified, they're wholly nonexistent.

The issue with straight up Russian aircraft is the government not wanting to share. Gaijin, makers of War Thunder, used to complain about how tight fisted the bureaucracy was even with 1940s prop schematics. It's not even about classification, it's just obstinancy.

There are loopholes going through 3rd part licenses, though, which I believe is how we got the MiG-21. I saw some stuff a couple days ago about the possibility of producing a J11 module, which is the Chinese licensed Su-27 variant. Might be China is more open to that sort of thing than Russia is.

So, there's hope, it's just going to be a long time, best case. As for clicky FC3 aircraft, your best bet is looking for mods of them. Some folks have successfully created aircraft with clicky, like the A4

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2