Odyssey issues

Markeebo

Ive been a rift user since DK2.

I decided to give the Samsung a whirl and have been scratching my head since I installed it.

WMR detected and installed quite fine.

Followed a few links and installed Steam VR.

Problem started then. I launched Steam VR and I get a window in WMR home screen that is my desktop. WHen I launch DCS, I just get a stationary window in WMR home screen. THis never tracks my head movement. and Steam VR says headset not detected.

Any clues?

Markeebo

Did you install the Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR program (in steam)?

That's the mixed reality plugin for SteamVR and is required for DCS and other Steam VR games.

Whelp. I thought I did, but apparently not. After sleeping on it and retracing my steps, I actually installed it this time. It all seems to be working, at first glance. (Note to self. Don't take these projects on half asleep.)

Tracking is less accurate than the CV1, but I'm liking the clarity.

Now to find best settings......

Markeebo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Whelp. I thought I did, but apparently not. After sleeping on it and retracing my steps, I actually installed it this time. It all seems to be working, at first glance. (Note to self. Don't take these projects on half asleep.)

Tracking is less accurate than the CV1, but I'm liking the clarity.

Now to find best settings......

Markeebo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tracking shouldn't be anything less than CV1.. make sure there are objects in the space your in for the headset's cameras to be able to use as tracking references. The only times I hear of issues are spaces that are too featureless or dark.

Tracking shouldn't be anything less than CV1.. make sure there are objects in the space your in for the headset's cameras to be able to use as tracking references. The only times I hear of issues are spaces that are too featureless or dark.

Two very different methods of tracking, no way would it be the same as Rift or Vive.

However for seated type games, one would probably not notice too much difference.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I’ve also found that if you are tracking at a greater distance it seems to be more precise. I face the opposite corner of the room that has a lot going on. There are a couple of Windows, dresser, and a book shelf with Knick knacks on it. Room recognition is immediate and precise.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground