Hotas Cougar and Lock On

Hi all , im a the Hotas Cougar joystick user , i have recived great help in the FW forums about how to get the games and joystick files ready for the sim but ..... how can i set the buttons in the sim ?

the sim dosent recognize all the buttons in the stick , there is a file somwhere that i insert for the LOMAC folder with the ready button or somthing like this ? ......

waiting for your answears ... :helpsmilie:

Ronen .

you have to make a profile for any sim you play. If you want you can just use DirectX buttons (non-emulationmode) and in LockOn input section click on any command you want... click "change"... and press the button on the Cougar... this mind you, will greatly limit the amount of commands on the Cougar. I find logical programming gives really the best versitality.

No longer active in DCS...

I actually set mine up in the options> input while in the game.. for me its very easy as I've been here since the release.. And as a matter of fact all the sims have this function pretty much...

And you can actually setup more then one profile, although I've never really understood how to do this... But I only usually fly the intercepteurs anyway, so I haven't taken the time to figure this out..

So If I have to reformat or reinstall Lock On, I know how it like the buttons set and I just reprogram...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

The Foxy profiles are far more programmable (powerful) than in-game assignments (directX buttons).

I'd suggest you go to http://cougar.frugalsworld.com/files.php and find a Foxy profile that fits your needs and then learn to tweak/reprogram it using Foxy. With emulation turned on, your Cougar will then be able to do a lot more than each button simply being... a button. Many of these profiles have graphics layouts that show what each button does. If none fit your needs, take the one closest to what you want and reprogram it in Foxy!

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

I've really never taken the time to really look into this... But recently I've been looking as Foxy.... So there seems to be a little understanding beginning to open ...

It is very complicated to say the least at the start, but I guess that just like anything else, once you understand the basics it then becomes easy....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

BTW does anyone know wich serial numbers ranges for the cougar belong to the last build revision?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

So your actually saying that i can change the buttons of LOMAC ..... in foxy ? .....

so i change the command to the buttons i want and it should work ?

what about Rarad Corsur .... i saw there is no option for it on the sim , can i add it from foxy to the sim ?

Thnx guys !

Ronen, Foxy is used to emulate (or simulate) keyboard presses on Cougar. That means you can programm Cougar to have, for example, Trigger 1 (TG1) button to send the key "Space" (SPC) if pressed once, or another key if it's pressed twice....or another key if it's presses and released quickly...or another key if it's pressed and held for some time... and so on... You can even have to send key combinations... sequences etc... pretty much anything.

No longer active in DCS...

To me, having a Cougar and not using Foxy to programm it, is like having a ferrari and driving it in 1st gear :D

Well I was able to get all of the necessary buttons programed via the options function of the game..

The book is really very long and complicated , I began reading it but got distracted.. I've just recently gone back to trying to get into programing Foxy.. As I'm thinking of other things (besides what I have programmed) that I'd like the HOTAS to do....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR