SEAD against a Patriot

So I have been playing the "Flamming Cliffs 1" mission quite a few times and most of the time the patriot will shoot down my K-58s as well as those of my wingman. Sometimes I can kill the Hawk with Vikhr if I take out the patriot but it is pretty tricky. So can anybody point out a strategy to improve the chances of a hit? I try to shoot them when I close the mountain ridge which separates me from the SAM site.

Fire your 58's from Altitude, approx 2000-3000m. Ensure you fire them both one right after the other, ie a "Double-Tap". Also ensure that when firing your nose is not pointed directly to target: This will ensure missile seperation in the vertical plane and will hopefully prevent one SAM taking out both 58's.

Above works for me. Also ensure that you are Music On during the target run. You will get launched at prior to LA - just keep going, launch from altitude once you obtain LA, dive and hit the dirt whilst turning 180 degrees full throttle and run. Doing that should drag the incoming missiles into the ground. In any event, doing the above will ensure you will not get shot down by the SAM.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

But if you fly the SU-25T it only has the IR jammer and not ECM, right? At least in the default configuration the mission.

What time separation do you use for the missiles? I usually try for around 5 seconds.

Can either load ECM Pods or R-60's on outer Pylons - if you're SAM Hunting - make 100% sure the ECM Pods are loaded. As to seperation, fire the other as soon as the one has left the rail: *double-tap* (never timed it but if pushed for an answer I'd have to say half-second to a second apart)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vipers post #3 is a perfect description of the procedure i use.

Dont get nervous by the enemy Missilie Launch, you have plenty of time for launching your own missile. The Patriot wont reach you if you break away immediately, just dont slam into the ground :)

Well in that particular mission evading the missles is a cake walk even w/o the ECM. The main issue is the SAM site taking out the K-58s, as then there is not much that can be done to destroy both Patriot and Hawk sites before the Tu-24s arrive for a runway strike. I'll try for the very short time gap between the launches and maybe will try to hit the rudder or the elevator to separate the missles a bit.

...Sometimes I can kill the Hawk with Vikhr if I take out the patriot but it is pretty tricky...

How do you manage to kill a Hawk site with Vikhrs?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Viper, im killing TORs down with S-13`s :D

Tee Hee yes - a different story altogether :) I usually run Short-Range systems outta ammo, land and take care of them with my 9mm....;) :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good Show - that's gotta be Hairy:) .

At most I will take them on with Vikhrs, otherwize as said I just run them outta ammo and then Gunzo/Bomb them. Great Fun toying with SAM's in the T-Frog nontheless: Sweaty-Palms stuff :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do you manage to kill a Hawk site with Vikhrs?

If the terrain has a few hills and buildings I just fly super low dispensing chaff until I get into range. Nicely enough, if you lock on with the antiradiation system and then engage Shkval and then disengage the antiradiation radar, your Shkval will be locked onto the radar. Then it is a question of not smashing into the ground or not receiving a SAM in the lap until you get in range.

Edit: I believe in flanker 1.5 manual this was one of the apporaches to kill a SAM. fly low, pop up, shoot whatever you have and pray it hits.