Awesome carrier mission!

Sn8ke

Took off from the Stennis in windy/rainy weather, choppy seas, white caps deep in the Persian Gulf in a Hornet loaded with 4 x’s MK-84s. Dark, poor visibility, and rain drops on the canopy. Felt like I was watching an aircraft carrier documentary.

Flew a deep strike to hit 4 parked SU-27’s on one of those airfield islands. CCIP bombing in the F/A-18C is much more accurate/user-friendly compared to the A-10C.

Flew back to the carrier, which was full speed ahead at 20 knots. Dark, heavy rain, poor visibility...and a pitching deck. Flawless approach, landed without issue. FPS was 48+ on a 4K monitor. So busy flying the jet I couldn’t really tell the difference between 48 FPS or 60 FPS.

The sounds, the insane resolution of the cockpit textures, and weather effects made the immersion factor absolutely insane.

I can only imagine how amazing this will get when more systems are included with subsequent updates such at the TGP, precision strike weapons, ground radar, HARM missiles, etc.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

care to share the mission file?

I’ll post it when I get back home from work.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

Sounds amazing. Would you mind sharing the file? Btw 48 Fps with your specs? Holy moly.

I used to have a solid 60 FPS pre-2.5 and 2.5 Open-beta with max settings with lots of AI. I was slightly bummed out about the reduction in performance, however it sounds like most people have experienced the same. I’ve narrowed down the root cause in performance reduction to antialiasing. I have a g-sync monitor, and while flying this particular mission, even though frames were down, everything was overall very smooth. At this point I’m used to deferred shading, and probably prefer it now.

Edited by davidzill