[NOT A BUG] CCIP Mode while Designate a Waypoint ?

danielkatzav

Hi,

I'm not really sure rather it's possible, but I'm really eager to understuand rather there's an option Designate a waypoint, using the HSI page on the DDI, but still apply the CCIP Mode using a "stupid" bomb ?

Was trying to get it through the Manual but could not find any info about it.

Thanks !

Daniel

Edited by danielkatzav

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Matt, sorry to bother here I have a quick question.

In another post I made about this exact same situation, it was categorized as "reported" so I understood it was a bug. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=210427

But now I sensed from you that it is intended and it is how it works in real life?

Thanks a lot!

I know from F16 that doesn't occur - Like Matt was saying, either you designate, for exmple on CCRP (AUTO MODE), or you have CCIP mode.

Assume that I am on NAV Mode, and Designating TGT, is it seperatble to have the CCIP Mode once I go back to A/G ? that way you can even control it with the HOTAS really quick.

BTW, pretty sure this is not a bug - I know those kind of logics works in some other fighters.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F16 doesnt even have TGT concept, not comparable.

Whats worries me is the fact it says reported on the thread I provided.

Not entirelly true I would say.

F-16 those designate Waypoint looking in the HUD, on the ground (Designation of waypoint - and not the state of the aircraft).

great way to handle CCIP bombing, while before you enter the bombing with the NAV mode, and then later assign to A/G Mode.

that way you don't need to look around visually to the target, but can easily go heads on - and still move to the CCIP HUD and get that Alpha.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]