ew

nazghool

hey first off amazing job so far on the f18 ... loving it!!!

ok so trying out the countermeasures on a quick mission took off with the radar tone lock on blaring , nothings happening , cant see anything , so i fly out the area tone goes off .. ok nps. ( the enemy were pretty close on the map)

flying towards a helo im gonna try and down and i get the warning lock on tone so look around dont see anything the ew showing ground based aa in a certain direction nothing i can see in that direction and no missile fired tone then i jerk right and im on fire going down ... is the missle fired warning tone bugged or am i missing something ? ( also think it came from the sam as i got hit from behind and only aircraft in the area was a helo i was flying directly at ) and as i ejected and watched the poor burning carcass of my plane i see another missile hit it as it hits the ground from behind :cry: .

* note im playing in vr so it could be i couldnt SEE the missile ( or maybe it swung behind me and i missed it? ) but there was no missile fired tone?? :helpsmilie:

gonna try and replicate it ...

that'll probably do it :doh: , ill retry it just to make sure thanks wags

ot ,noob question... when in a/a mode and i switch to guns , how do u deselect the guns ? i tried pressing guns again nothing , no guns icon on the weapon load ddi to deselect (but there is on the a/g?) and if i switch to missiles the gun reticles still there and i cant fire the missile only the guns?

btw loved your tutorial vids , hope theres more to come ! :pilotfly:

that'll probably do it :doh: , ill retry it just to make sure thanks wags

ot ,noob question... when in a/a mode and i switch to guns , how do u deselect the guns ? i tried pressing guns again nothing , no guns icon on the weapon load ddi to deselect (but there is on the a/g?) and if i switch to missiles the gun reticles still there and i cant fire the missile only the guns?

btw loved your tutorial vids , hope theres more to come ! :pilotfly:

For now you need a 4 way hat for air to air weapons. You have to program guns/sidewinder/ammram/sparrow missile selects. Cause that is how it is on the f18 hotas. Maybe later they will add a cycle function but for now there isn't one implemented so you have to choose each weapon via the HOTAS function via the keyboard or bind it to a 4 way hat on your hotas.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

hmm i followed the guide from grim reapers vids on setting up and have sensor control switches, throttle designator controllers , trimmers on 3 of my hats, i got gear, flaps up , flaps down and throttle designator depress on the 4th as they so convieniently positioned i dont have to take my hand off to change them ( espeically when landing ) but maybe i could switch one of them out for the weapons instead ...

thanks anyway :)

For now you need a 4 way hat for air to air weapons. You have to program guns/sidewinder/ammram/sparrow missile selects. Cause that is how it is on the f18 hotas. Maybe later they will add a cycle function but for now there isn't one implemented so you have to choose each weapon via the HOTAS function via the keyboard or bind it to a 4 way hat on your hotas.

Most programmable HOTAS allow programming a button to switch functions with a series of presses. Could simulate cycling thru weapons. Turn off weapons by invoking NAV mode.

if i could get the tdc controls onto the throttles mini joystick (using tm t.16000m hotas) i could change the one hat to weapons ( i hear it doesnt work at mo but this is ea so hears hoping!)

thanks anyway everyone :)

( i hear it doesnt work at mo but this is ea so hears hoping!)

DCS 2.5.2.18307 Update 3

Added absolute axis for TDC.

timing :thumbup:

DCS World 2.5.x | F-14 | F/A-18C | AV-8B | AJS-37 | A10C | M-2000C | F-15C | MiG-21 | Hawk | FW190 | BF109K | Spitfire Mk. IX | P-51D | Gazelle | UH-1H | MI-8 | BS | CA | Persian Gulf | Normandy | NTTR

Win10-x64 | ASUS Strix Z270H Gaming | Intel i7-7700K | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | SSD Samsung 850 | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1

DCS 2.5.2.18307 Update 3

timing

Tobad you can't bind the x55 thumbstick to it. I tried last night.

Dcs world doesn't recognize it as an input. So back too use the software to program as a 4 way hat.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

DCS 2.5.2.18307 Update 3

timing :thumbup:

lol yea literally as i posted this and went off to play did the update ... works fine for my tm hotas joystick thankfully:joystick: