Cannot use torrents downloading anymore?

I don't know what is going on here.

Torrent part of the updater has been completely broken for me since the updater got updated on 2018-06-06 (I think it was). Was working absolutely perfectly prior to that.

I have tried disabling security, adding exception etc. But no change.

If I do not immediately click cancel when torrenting starts. It is impossible to stop the updater, without restarting the PC.

Torrenting speed never goes over around 5-15 KB/s, with around 40-50 peers.

And when pressing cancel.

It will just stay locked on "disconnecting from the swarm" forever.

Until I restart the PC.

Last time I could not even do that, I had to hard reset the pc, which obviously is not a good thing.

Having an easy way to select the default Torrent/HTTP download would be good to have at the moment at least. Would save me a lot of pain with this.

I have attached updater log/cfg/dat files. Perhaps they will provide some valuable info.

Updater Log 2018-06-20.zip

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

• ED Team
I don't know what is going on here.

Torrent part of the updater has been completely broken for me since the updater got updated on 2018-06-06 (I think it was). Was working absolutely perfectly prior to that.

Nothing was changed in that part of the updater. It could be your ISP.

Unpack the attached file into the game install folder. It will disable the torrents permanently.

autoupdate_no_torrents.zip

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Glad I am not the only one.

Torrents are painfully slow. After 24 hours only 101 of 24k somethings loaded. When I hit escape it's stuck on "Disconnecting from the swarm".

I know it's a free game but is there a way to pay for this game to download and run?

There are many times when I have found it too painfully slow to bother with during the day.

Generally, I'll wait until late at night and then let it run throughout the night whilst I get my beauty sleep !

With any luck it's finished by the time I get up. But I have seen many updates (including recently) when it took 8+ Hours to download the update via Torrent.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Unpack the attached file into the game install folder. It will disable the torrents permanently.

Dl and added the .cfg file to my folder and torrents still run. Nothing was disabled.

Update:

Leave the original .cfg in the folder, add the "no torrent" cfg and works like a charm. DL is working!!!

Edited by Big Hat

Nothing was changed in that part of the updater. It could be your ISP.

Dl and added the .cfg file to my folder and torrents still run. Nothing was disabled.

Update:

Leave the original .cfg in the folder, add the "no torrent" cfg and works like a charm. DL is working!!!

Thanks, will try this next update, if problem persists :thumbup:

Can't understand why it won't disconnect from the swarm. ISP or wherever the problem is, It should still be possible to cancel and stop the process :huh:

Runi. "IceCat"

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update.

This update seemed to torrent without issues.

Except from two instances, when speed went below 500 KB/s, and I cancelled the download (Did not want to risk a hard reset again :) ).

I also canceled the HTTP both times, and started it up again to continue the torrent, since it looked promising.

Not sure what may have fixed it.

On my end, I double checked windows firewall, and re-allowed the updater, with same settings.

Last week the updater itself got an update.

And recently AVG got an update.

Any of those might have done it, or something else outside my influence :)

In any case, it worked this time. And hopefully this will stay working in the future :)

Runi. "IceCat"

• ED Team
Last week the updater itself got an update.

In any case, it worked this time. And hopefully this will stay working in the future :)

Yes, the torrent library was updated.

Thanks for the feedback!

Much appreciated.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.