Removing AI from carrier take off - how did I do this?

dburne

Ok so my memory ain't what it used to be I admit, but this one has me pulling my hair out.

Yesterday I modified the F/A 18-C Carrier Takeoff instant action mission a bit.

I opened it in the editor, changed the start time and removed the three AI planes that are tasked with taking off as well to where I was the only plane working off the Stennis. Yes first I saved it into my missions folder with a unique name.

Now for the life of me I can't seem to remember how I did this? Working with the editor this morning every time I try to do it again it removes the whole dang flight group of 4, myself (player) included.

Help, I have gone stupid LOL.

Only reason I am trying to do it again is so I can remember it. I checked the manual and watched a youtube tutorial but can't see to find info on removing part of my flight group.

Thanks for any help.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ah yes that was it, whew thanks so much guys!!

So simple yet so hard for me lol.

Perhaps I will now remember going forward!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I was in your shoes before.

But I found spending more time in ME is more rewarding for creating complex unpredictable scenarios that are more enjoyable than simple missions.

I started with very basic things. Then advance waypoints actions, then triggers and finally LUA scripting. Learn them one by one. It takes time but it is very rewarding.

I found my self spending 80% of my time creating a mission and 20% flying.

Try to follow MagzTV on YouTube. That guy create and fly his own missions.

You can also download his missions from User downloads on DCS website.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips Knives!

Don B