We need more varied mission and target types

The_Pharoah

Hi guys

yeah I know this is probably down to the respective servers however I understand a lot of this can't be done in DCS world as yet. Not sure. Either way, these are the kinds of missions that it would be great to see in DCS World:

1. invasion forces

- invasion fleets including warships and cargo ships, landing craft, etc

- landing craft and tanks actually landing on shore

2. Moving vehicle convoys

3. Destructible buildings

4. airbase destruction eg. cratering of runways, hangars, buildings, revetments, etc

5. enemy carriers including takeoffs/landings - imagine a scenario where you defend against enemy a/c then hunt their CV!!

6. enemy bomber formations protected by fighters

Rather than constantly churning out new a/c, I'd love to see ED focus on making DCSW into a full battle environment including properly done explosions (including pressure waves, etc), collateral damage, etc.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Quite frankly, a lot of that is absolutely no problem in DCS as of now. Just go to the mission editor and set something up for yourself.

1. The variety of ships is still a little bit limited, but there should be enough to set up a convincing fleet. The only landing craft so far are those found in the WW2 asset pack, though. Perhaps we'll get an LCAC someday...

2. Just give your vehicle formations some waypoints, really no trouble.

3. No problemo either. You might need a bit of trigger-magic to let the player know they destroyed the target building if you want it to be one of the map objects. Otherwise you can always set up buildings from the static objects tab.

4. The hangars and buildings can work pretty much the same as in #3.

5. With the arrival of the John C Stennis this is easily possible, setting up fights between JCS's Hornets and Kuznetsov's Flankers.

6. Not so sure how well that bomber formation stuff works yet, but it's part of the efforts of making better WW2-themed scenarios, so it's coming at least.