TACAN still losing signal in MP

Spetz

Did the update yesterday and did a new fast single player mission in the Persian Gulf. Added the JCS, TACAN 10x over 300nm away. Took off, found 10X about 300nm out and repeatedly swapped between a few different TACANs back on land to ensure they would all work, they did, no issue. Crashed on landing lol ***EDIT*** As per post 3, I was no higher than 5000 feet ASL the entire trip

Jumped in MP on the Aerobatics Online Beta Caucasus map and manually started up, threw up the JCS on 10X on the HSI (about 24nm away), picked it up no problem on the ground. Took off and as soon as I was wheels up, the TACAN signal disappeared and the HSI went into it's revolving search mode for lack of a better term. Tried multiple TACAN stations and no signal received for any. Put back on the JCS (10X) and flew direct visual, still zero signal even overhead.

Anyone else? I thought this bug was resolved?

Edited by Spetz

I would almost call that to be two bugs.

300nm range on a ship TACAN is further than the specs should warrent.

Both in the power availability, and tactical consideration for that range and also the fact that unless you are flying at above 50,000ft you will not have Line-of-sight to that station.

But I can also concur that I have suddently lost the TACAN channel from the Ship either after landing or take off or comms with the ship.

Edited by Bravo
losing the signal

300nm range on a ship TACAN is further than the specs should warrent.

Both in the power availability, and tactical consideration for that range and also the fact that unless you are flying at above 50,000ft you will not have Line-of-sight to that station.

The activateBeacon command could benefit from having a power parameter like the radioTransmission does. That would allow for the mission creator setting up beacons with the appropriate range

The Aero server is the only one that I've really lost the TACAN signal consistently. We figured some time ago that it was from people crashing into the back of the boat which happens ALL THE TIME on there

Edited by erautour

The Aero server is the only one that I've really lost the TACAN signal consistently. We figured some time ago that it was from people crashing into the back of the boat which happens ALL THE TIME on there

Seeing as the carrier is set to invincible and the mission is updated to the new build #, I don't see how that would be a problem.. But that said, I'll try a few other MP servers and see if it happens or not.

Can confirm TACAN is bugged. I was practicing approaches into KTNX (Tonopah test range) on Nevada last night, and I was tuned to the Tonopah TACAN (TPH). Twice the range stopped updating and the location of the TACAN was "frozen" on the HSI.

Switching to another TACAN frequency and back is the only way I can force it to update and display accurate range and bearing info.