AAT1 - AAR Daytime

Avantar

Hi there,

I've been trying to complete refueling mission (1, daytime0 4 or 5 times and each time I ended up in flames. Each time I thought that I accidently hit boom or something, but only after I checked the ACMI file I discovered that idiot A-10A was flying on top of me and hitting the tanker.

I am running latest version of Beta 2.5.2.19273

Any advice?

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds like you were trying to tank when the AI was still tanking. You probably heard the tanker say something like "Chicks in tow, 1 mile trail".

You should wait until the AI tanking is completed and you get the "Proceed to Pre-Contact" call from the tanker before moving in towards the boom.

Just watch for the AI to clear out and then contact the tanker once the area is clear.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Actually, no. First I got clear astern call from the Instructor, I got ready precontact and even contact/youre taking fuel from the tanker. There were nobody in vicinity, they arrived later. Some timing problem?

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That helps. Did you hit the waypoints on time or were you early? The mission was scripted so that if you hit the waypoints on time then the AI would be at the tanker when you arrived.

If you ignored the waypoint timings and just flew directly to the tanker then you might have collided with the AI timing.

Unfortunately the game engine isn't there yet where the AI will fly in observation until the player is cleared off. Hopefully it will work like that someday.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

That helps. Did you hit the waypoints on time or were you early? The mission was scripted so that if you hit the waypoints on time then the AI would be at the tanker when you arrived.

If you ignored the waypoint timings and just flew directly to the tanker then you might have collided with the AI timing.

Unfortunately the game engine isn't there yet where the AI will fly in observation until the player is cleared off. Hopefully it will work like that someday.

Well, I was on time for RVIP and was tracking about 30s early for RVCP with about 7 or maybe as much as 10 minutes remaining when I got clear astern (the tanker turned into my course way before the waypoint) call and instruction from the IP to close in on the tanker. I understand that if I were tracking on time those A-10s could have made contact ealier. Will try to be precisely on time in next attempt and will see what happens. Thanks.

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]