3D Printed Switch Headers for VR

Blue73

Hi,

I did use a single pin (thin brass rod) to keep the two halves together, but to truly keep them together and to prevent rotation I had to print the base plate with the half circle guides. In the end the fit between them was tight enough that I didn't even need the pin. When I built my next switch header I downsized the guides, they worked just as well. You can see below.

cheers

John

VYjNZPe.jpg

Ok! I need this!!! Need the deets! Are you willing to share?

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

Hey John, I have had the Switch Wrapper parts for sometime and used them religiously until I made some other changes to my config.

I was asking about that entire panel. Gorgeous work. Would love to get my hands on that.

I built up an ACM panel for the F-14 myself. Works great for VR. Please ignore the crappy label job... PROTOTYPE! :megalol:

We still need ED to give us a 3D parts sub forum.

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200422030249331_COVER.thumb.jpg.654f4346f447d07d81f43c800db61d19.jpg

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

Really cool, I love it. I have not to much space around me, so I cannot build my own cockpit but I try to improve the controller as I can.

ATM I do not thinking about a new panel, but something small that I can attach to the throttle panel. But in the middle term, I like to expand the throttle panel with some (lot) button and knobs. I do not belive two state switches, because every time when I respawn I need to turn them or I accidently do unwanted events (for example the landing gear is up when I restart on runway). I belive buttons and rotating encoder and ON-OFF-ON switches is the best solution for sims specially in VR. There is my first VR friendly controll panel. I use different shape buttons, so it help to know where is your hand in VR blind.

28 button (21+6 on the encoders) + numbers + enter(*), esc(#) and COMM etc. With the green button I can use numbers for F1..F10.

It's small and working very well. It's simulate a joy and keyboard as well. I made before I bought my TM hotas for my Saitec cyborg3D joy. I want to mix the throttle modul with this sometimes.

2019-06-17.jpg.41ba03e476c094724c91cb5e39fe3eeb.jpg

IMG_20190521_182621.thumb.jpg.99c4f1f6587441ddfe96459ac2bf58cd.jpg

vr_buddy_v11.thumb.jpg.8a3e417bbf92aa1f80d4cb1de0b54a5b.jpg

Edited by bunnyhu

Love your work DERacing, very nice :thumbup:

With winter coming to the southern hemisphere I'm considering finishing my cockpit.

Hey John, I have had the Switch Wrapper parts for sometime and used them religiously until I made some other changes to my config.

I was asking about that entire panel. Gorgeous work. Would love to get my hands on that.

I built up an ACM panel for the F-14 myself. Works great for VR. Please ignore the crappy label job... PROTOTYPE! :megalol:

We still need ED to give us a 3D parts sub forum.

Looks great bunnyhu nice way to condense the parts of the UFC into an MFD. I've add a small mod to the DCSBIOS routines that polls the current state of the hardware and syncs with the sim. That way I don't have out of sync issues.

Really cool, I love it. I have not to much space around me, so I cannot build my own cockpit but I try to improve the controller as I can.

ATM I do not thinking about a new panel, but something small that I can attach to the throttle panel. But in the middle term, I like to expand the throttle panel with some (lot) button and knobs. I do not belive two state switches, because every time when I respawn I need to turn them or I accidently do unwanted events (for example the landing gear is up when I restart on runway). I belive buttons and rotating encoder and ON-OFF-ON switches is the best solution for sims specially in VR. There is my first VR friendly controll panel. I use different shape buttons, so it help to know where is your hand in VR blind.

28 button (21+6 on the encoders) + numbers + enter(*), esc(#) and COMM etc. With the green button I can use numbers for F1..F10.

It's small and working very well. It's simulate a joy and keyboard as well. I made before I bought my TM hotas for my Saitec cyborg3D joy. I want to mix the throttle modul with this sometimes.

Hi, I haven't done anymore work on this in months, work took over...I'm not promising anything but I'll see how I go heading into the cooler months.

cheers

John

Blue will you be releasing your panel system at some point? I'm going to print your selective jettison knob, but I'd love to have that whole cluster you've got in that image.

Love your work DERacing, very nice :thumbup:

With winter coming to the southern hemisphere I'm considering finishing my cockpit.

HA! No where near your work!

That box was a prototype so there is dust from sanding, scratches on the vinyl wrap, unfinished parts... among other things. LOL

That actually is the center of the panel. I have a HUD mode panel for the right side and working on a left side panel for things like the Wing Sweep reset, anti skid, kneel, cat hook etc. May just add a button for saluting as well.

Easy thing with this is that I am using a basic USB Game Controller board, so it sees it as another joystick without having to program a board.

• 5 weeks later...
HA! No where near your work!

That box was a prototype so there is dust from sanding, scratches on the vinyl wrap, unfinished parts... among other things. LOL

That actually is the center of the panel. I have a HUD mode panel for the right side and working on a left side panel for things like the Wing Sweep reset, anti skid, kneel, cat hook etc. May just add a button for saluting as well.

Easy thing with this is that I am using a basic USB Game Controller board, so it sees it as another joystick without having to program a board.

Are those on thingaverse? I'm looking to build out tomcat panels for my VR experience. That right side mode panel is most used and it would be nice to have a reasonable approximation.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD

Are those on thingaverse? I'm looking to build out tomcat panels for my VR experience. That right side mode panel is most used and it would be nice to have a reasonable approximation.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sorry, no. I have not released these as I am still working on them as time permits.

But thank you.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 8:46 AM, Terry Dactil said:

For anyone who does not like the previous version as it looks like a mixture control lever operating their landing gear, here is one with a more standard looking wheel on it.

1440661927_Gearleverampguide.thumb.JPG.ff96f03db374c7f5999d7ed6d5fd04c0.JPG

STL files here:

Gear Lever - Wheel.zip 399.37 kB · 161 downloads

Love this design- I printed it at 100% and it doesnt seem to slide on the Switches? Is strength needed or printing at 101% ? 

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10