F/A-18C Controls Un-mappable

So i bought the F18c today and my first thing i did was go in and check the controls. I find the ones i need to rebind (including the rudder bound to the throttle which is really stupid) and i make them to what i need. i then go into a free flight to test and the zoom view which is bound to my throttle slider on my warthog isnt working nor is the throttle i set. Ive also discovered other controls not responding. Is the module slightly broken or is it just me? Cause i need throttle and zoom to function. (tried to move thread but couldn't so i posted it here)

Edited by Pandemic4444

My PC specs: Windows 10 v1903, LG 70" 4k HDR Tv, GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro Motherboard, Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake CPU @4.7Ghz w/ NZXT Kraken M22 Liquid Cooler, GIGABYTE GTX-1080 Xtreme Gaming Edition + EVGA Gtx-1080 SC in SLI, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4 2400Mhz RAM, 3TB of Hard Drives, 1300 watt EVGA SuperNOVA G2 power supply, Antec 1900 Case.

Not really sure about the zoom since I use VR, but I, too, have the warthog and my throttles work perfectly. You do have to bind the "button" on each throttle to cut fuel to the engines just as it does in the aircraft. One thing I do notice is, each time I load in to the aircraft (A-10 as well), I have to move each throttle full forward and all the way back again, then I can use it to start the engines. Minor thing, but worth noting, possibly.

Not really sure about the zoom since I use VR, but I, too, have the warthog and my throttles work perfectly. You do have to bind the "button" on each throttle to cut fuel to the engines just as it does in the aircraft. One thing I do notice is, each time I load in to the aircraft (A-10 as well), I have to move each throttle full forward and all the way back again, then I can use it to start the engines. Minor thing, but worth noting, possibly.

no thats not it. i bound each engine to the 2 throttle axis and they dont work at all on the f/a-18. certain keybindings like gear, wheel brakes, flaps, airbrake, or countermeasure dispense bound to anything (even keyboard) dont work not to mention what else i could find before i just gave up. trust me i tried. the only thing that WORKED was flight axis. thank god i could at least have pitch and roll.

My PC specs: Windows 10 v1903, LG 70" 4k HDR Tv, GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro Motherboard, Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake CPU @4.7Ghz w/ NZXT Kraken M22 Liquid Cooler, GIGABYTE GTX-1080 Xtreme Gaming Edition + EVGA Gtx-1080 SC in SLI, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4 2400Mhz RAM, 3TB of Hard Drives, 1300 watt EVGA SuperNOVA G2 power supply, Antec 1900 Case.

The module is certainly not broken. I also use the TM WH throttle, and I also use the slider for zoom. All works fine.

First thing to check: By default, when you start a new module, several iportant axes (like pitch, bank, brake, throttle...) are bound to all HJD devices. So you need to clear all the nonsense bindings.

If that's not it, you may want to run a repair.

If that doesn't help, I suggest you delete the "....diff.lua" files under "C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet\joystick", restart the game and re-do your bindings.

PS: Have you checked the throttle in Windows "Devices and printers" to be sure that the device sends the right signals? Some people had problems due to insufficient power provided through USB hubs.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

The module is certainly not broken. I also use the TM WH throttle, and I also use the slider for zoom. All works fine.

First thing to check: By default, when you start a new module, several iportant axes (like pitch, bank, brake, throttle...) are bound to all HJD devices. So you need to clear all the nonsense bindings.

If that's not it, you may want to run a repair.

If that doesn't help, I suggest you delete the "....diff.lua" files under "C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet\joystick", restart the game and re-do your bindings.

PS: Have you checked the throttle in Windows "Devices and printers" to be sure that the device sends the right signals? Some people had problems due to insufficient power provided through USB hubs.

Funny you should mention that. already tried the delete the lua thing and no luck there. usb hubs powered sufficiently. i mean ive got a 1300w PSU so thats not it. How does one run a repair on dcs? thats the only thing i havent tried.

now when i say stuff like gear isnt working i mean ive tried mapping it on keyboard AND joystick/throttle. it just wont come down unless i hit the button inside the cockpit. all other modules work fine

Edited by Pandemic4444

Windows Start Menu/Eagle Dynamics/Repair DCS World

or .../Repair DS World OpenBeta, depending on which you use.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Are you trying to run the F/A-18 in Game mode? To my knowledge Game mode is not yet implemented for the Hornet. You can only run it in sim mode.

LeCuvier

Are you trying to run the F/A-18 in Game mode? To my knowledge Game mode is not yet implemented for the Hornet. You can only run it in sim mode.

i MAY have found my issue there. i was using GAME avionics mode only. not flight just so i could lock on to stuff with MAVs on the a10c cause its STILL impossible for me to, idk why. seems like stuff IS responding now. Except chaff/flares. i THINK i bound them correctly but nothing seems to be dispensing.

edit: NVM. found out it needs to be in BYPASS mode to dispense. derp

Edited by Pandemic4444