CTD due to new memory problem?

Shadoga

Since 2.5.3 Hotfix 1 of last week I experience the following problem, persistent through today's Hotfix 3:

I mainly play DCS multiplayer in VR (Oculus Rift) and most of the time on 104th Server's Missions Longbow (Caucasus) & Southern Shield (Persian Gulf).

Since last week, DCS CTDs every single time while loading into the server, I do not get to select a client slot.

It's a CTD without chrash message & event log .zip creation - only dcs.log states troubles loading many objects and finally running out of memory issues (despite 32GB, 12GB vRAM) plus a normal short track being saved - no compilation incl. dxdiag.txt etc.

Over the last days, I checked many variables (repairs, background processes, latest drivers, with or without TS & SRS -launched before and after DCS-, everything I know & could imagine), did many dozens of connection trials and observed the following:

- crash occurs 100% only in VR and only on 104th with its complex dynamic missions

- crash occurs around 50% in VR on other frequented servers, tested mainly both Buddyspikes plus Cold War and Just Dogfight

- crash occurs around 50% in 2D (2560x1600 or lower in windowed mode) on 104th

- crash occurs below 10% in 2D on other servers

- crash never occurs in Instant, Fast or SP Missions, didn't check campaigns.

- crash never occurs on stable branch, but then - there‘s no comparable servers with comparable missions and client numbers on stable release...

Attached are latest dcs.log & track of today's last trial CTD (on 104th) plus another .zip of a different crash that fully registered from 2 days ago - see this for dxdiag.txt for specs.

P.S.:

On a sidenote I would like to confirm the annoying bug for Oculus Rift users that came with one of the Hotfixes where you can't click buttons in the lower half or third of the DCS menus /GUI.

The current workaround to set desktop resolution to 1080p prior to launching DCS is very annoying.

Final Note:

Please fix the VR options menu bug: "Cursor confined to game window"-checkmark-not-registering asap!

I exclusively play in VR and having to enter options first and click that field every single time I enter DCS for months now really drives me nuts.

Otherwise I'm fine and a grateful fan since 2003.

Cheers!

Edited by Shadoga