Heavy Skies mission 5 stupid unrealistic immpossible

pawea

Been playing the heavy skies su 33 campaign mission 5 is talking the p*ss man.......6 F14s manage to down 4 MIG 29s plus 4 SU 27s plus my wingmen and our 4 su 33s oh and the awacs aircraft too for good measure.......bollocks to that man....either the Aim-54s are wayyyyy op....or all Russian aircraft are all total rubbish......no matter which way you approach the mission the outcome is the same every time.....

FULL ON APPROACH

full afterburner,3000m,radar on,hi prf....ZAP YOUR TOAST BEFORE YOU CAN RELEASE A MISSILE

STEALTH APPROACH

full afterburner to just above terrain,IRST only,fly nap of the earth in the mountains pop up close to target,ZAP YOUR TOAST AGAIN.........

CHICKEN ASS APPROACH

full mil power to 3000m fly around like a pussy,for 10 mins doing circuts over nalchak base let wingmen do the fighting ....ZAP TOAST AGAIN JUST TAKES A LITTLE LONGER.....

Gotta be the most imbalanced combat in any campaign i've played in DCS

Part of war and being a combat pilot is being out numbered with sometimes less effective equipment. There’s no rush, take your time, the F-14s will eventually run out of Phoenix missiles. I didn’t think it was any more hard than the normal cruel DCS standard. I know you already said you tried flying around Nalchik for 10 mins “like a pussy,” but use your beryoza’s strength indicator to tell you how far away the closest active Phoenix is, it can be a powerful tool. You can mission edit it to carry more chaff than flares and use the ECM if you like. I don’t think that mission penalizes you for taking your time, and taking your time is a big part of flying!

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

"if you are notching how are you supposed to prevent them from pressing and then just bagging you with one of the 4-20 sidewinders they will probably have on their rails?"

hmmm guess thats always possible man but usually the goal is to get them to shoot off all the 54s then at least you can engage with the 27ETs which have a longer range than his aim 9s....and usually if you manage to get a ET off he's toast....unlike the crappy R27 ER which i find are useless dont know why they don't model the R77s that would be a game changer or at least level the playing field..........

The R-27ER has its uses, very fast makes it good for not giving the enemy time to react, cold targets, chaff never works as well as flares for their respective guidance systems. But yeah R-77s would be great, at least we have the J-11A

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

On on to the heavy skies ferry mission to the carrier this time up against 4 F15S with aamrams and 2 FA/18s......Sadly you can't notch or dodge 24 missiles while not even being able to get a shot off its insane.......Shitty radar,shitty missiles you got no chance so frustrating....why did they include the aamram and AIM 54 in a campaign against an inferior aircraft and weapons....seems like theres no skill involved here its just pure luck if you avoid or notch 24 missiles.......time for a new Russian bird pls DCS too much imbalance here and i haven't even got to multiplayer yet i can only imagine the carnage there

if you are notching how are you supposed to prevent them from pressing and then just bagging you with one of the 4-20 sidewinders they will probably have on their rails?

In the video the Phx is launched outside the AMRAAMs range...during notching of the Phx the F14 continues to get closer and closer, eventually it gets inside the AMRAAMs range, it’s then a simple procedure to turn in, lock on, and fire it off...then resume notching.

The F14 should always be close to ones 3 or 9 o’clock, it’ll never be directly behind you.

As a war similation few things are fair. Try to stay alive as long as possible by outrunning their missiles. Eventually you’ll be able to get them one by one in or near visual range. These campaign missions don’t often have a time limit, just take your time. I agree it’s hard to think why a Sukhoi can’t charge straight into battle, but it’s h nature of this warfare, cat and mouse.

for sure it's just so frustrating and total overkill man.....i don't mind being outnumbered but to be outnumbered AND outguned is intolerable plus the sheer amount of 120s they carry is insane so your having to dodge and notch like nearly 24 fire and forget missiles then dogfight using the SU 33s main advantage speed and turn rate this of course eats thru fuel....then if you manage that fight another 2 FA/18s then be expected to have enough fuel to fly 100 clicks and land on the carrier in the dark to boot........