How to get the Mavericks back to TV-Mode?

Vannipo

Hi!

Maybe someone give me a hand, or just tell me that it behaves correct like this and I don't forget something. Here in short words:

Want to destroy a couple of targets with a Maverick (Hopefully it's not important which one):

1. Warm Up.
  2. Arm
  3. Sensor down-down-> TV mode
  4. Uncage -> Other MFD shows Maverick Video
  5. TDC to find targets (or the ground point under/in front of them)
  6. Sensor Up (Maybe Up-Up?) -> Mavericks in "IRMV Mode"
  7. Now the Maverick sensor stays on the location, without having a lock on a target
  8. TDC Action -> lock on closest target in the area -> Mavericks ready to release

So good, so far...

BUT:

I realized, it locked the wrong target. I want to lock another target:

• Using the TDC now moves the IRMV, not the TV. But this is too rough. Too fast movement. Too far away. So:
  • Sensor down-down -> Switching now to TV Mode again
  • But the Maverick Targeting system doesnt follow the TV anymore. It remains locked on the first target.
  • Cage-Uncage does not change anything.
  • In the HUD I have now 2 target points. One of the IRMV System and one of the DMT or TV Mode. I cant bring the IRMV back to the TV location. Not the easy way.
  • The only way is, to undesignate the target location and start with the procedure from the beginning. Cause this command resets the TV and the IRMV Mode both.

Shooting a second one and locking a new target is no problem. After shooting the first Maverick, the Maverick TV Mode works normal. And after that, I just can lock like before.

So, my question is:

Which command I have to press at which moment to get the Marverick back in TV-Mode, following the DMT after I already locked a target and decided to lock another one with TDC-Action?

Or is it buggy or so complicated? What do I miss?

I would expect, after switching back to TV Mode, the Maverick follows the DMT again?

Or when in IRMV Mode, after pressing the undesignate Button, only the IRMV unlocks and resets back to DMT location.

Regards

PS.

Sorry for using nooby expressions for the systems.

Edited by Vannipo

try the target unlock/nws pale switch while in IRMAV mode. I've never had an issue with this, but I engage from max distance with my mavericks so I have never needed to unlock, but I think it works. But do it in IRMAV so it unlocks the MAV, do it in INS or DMT and it'll unlock your whole system.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

No, I tried. It's just not possible, that u can unlock the Maverick and bring it to TV mode again.

You have to undesignate everything and start from zero.

This is strange. And very unhandy.

So I went up and tested (wanted to make sure I had the right answer before getting back to you) all you need to do to break the lock is slew the TDC. It will break your IRMAV lock, maintain your INS lock, if you have one, and allow you to slew the IRMAV again.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Is it just me, or after recent updates you can't even slew mav anymore if you used tpod? So if i lock wrong target, no matter which sensor selected ins or irmv, tdc just keep slewing tpod.
I haven't seen this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I noticed that in the last couple of days as well (i don't fly the harrier often anymore). Mashing the sensor select up or whatever no amount of times got my mavs to slew. The tpod is frustrating as hell to use as is in my experience.

The slew seems to stick randomly and often even though i stop it doesn't bother updating the aim point unless i move it again (off target of course).

Also seems to like to forget what its supposed to be looking at from time to time, ending up aiming at the sky.

And then trying to reset it on bore sight seems hit and miss at best, usually i end up mashing the button i assigned for that repeatedly and it eventually works its way over.

Compared to the tpod on the a-10 this one is just a pain.

I think, RAZBAM has to ensure a nice workflow, that Mavs follow the TV or tpod again (after you have locked a target), without having to reset everything and begin from zero.

I can't imagine that it's that complicated IRL for the pilots?

Edited by Vannipo