Slowly upgrading PC (GPU) / activation

Hi people,

The free weekend sucked me back in to DCS. New world(2.5) and other things have me noting an aging PC.

During the free event. RAM went from 8 to 24GB without issue.

Today, MAX out the cpu of my mainboard - FX3850. However I've learnt that such a change effects the activation, down to 4 now, with 10 unused de-activation. :doh:

I need to swap the video card next, will I run in to the same hardware upgrade problem with that? Does it count as a number?

I'm trying to upgrade a bit at a time as video cards are $750-1K here in Canada. I'm not sure when they become so $$$? I blame the miners.

Cheers.

Jane's ATF Gold (1997), DCS World A-10C

M5A99Xevo, SAPPHIRE HD-7770-OC, AMD FX-6100, 8GB RAM, WIN7-64

TM HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR5, Sennheiser PC363D, MFD Cougar Pack, Samsung UHD U28D590D and Local Craft Beer

I don't know what's considered a major change, but I imagine GPU will count. You can just deactivate all modules, make the change and reactivate, no?

And even if you use up all of activation, you can still activate it once per month.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1