how to add your name on the skin?

You need a program like Paint shop Pro, Photoshop or GIMP. Take the DDS file and make it a bitmap with program like said below, Then use paint program to place your name on skin then save it as a BMP. Then take that skin and remake into a DDS file using said program below.

I use DXTBMP for doing this. Its easy open the dds file with this and then save it as a 32 bit bmp. Then use paint program to make your name on skin. Then re-use DXTBMP and save file in DDS 5 format. Then replace file in skin folder and check out your new name..

https://dxtbmp.software.informer.com/4.0/

***Note if its someone else's skin please make sure you ask them if you can alter it. Most likely they have no problem with it as long as you credit them with the skin.***

001-2018-oct-31-006.jpg

001-2018-oct-31-005.jpg

Edited by uscstaylor

You have to take one of the skins that are already made in the F/A-18C folder, make a copy of it on your desktop and rename your new dds file that same name of the file in that folder.....Copy and paste it in the folder and when it asks you to overwrite it just say yes!

Now give the folder on your desktop a new name like "VF-113 New" or your name and then open up the description lau and change that name to the name of your new folder, save it and then drop it in the F/A18 Hornet skins folder and go in game and find it in the ME.

001-2018-oct-31-001.jpg

If if to confusing just send me your file and Ill have it done in a snap

Edited by uscstaylor