How do I control radar elevation?

Barbs

Anyone else still have a buggy radar elevation?

Takeoff

Master Arm to On

A/A master mode

Select AMRAAMs

Move TDC around the B-Scope and the elevation numbers show something like 90-99 and don't change.

Using Radar Elevation controls to tilt the antenna does nothing.

The radar elevation carat on the left edge of the scope is pegged at the top (only moves slightly when the sweep bar changes).

Trying to find reference to it as there was a bug report before the latest patch but in my experience it's even worse now as the "fixed" radar antenna points to a uselss altitude. Yet I haven't seen anyone reporting this specifica issue.

It sounds like you've mapped the elevation to an axis, which doesn't work very well at all. It's designed to be used with a mini joystick type control (it works like the elevation axis - push hard in one direction and it'll move quick, push less and it'll go slower, let go and the elevation stops changing) - if you try and use it with a slider it works horribly as it just constantly increases until it hits the maximum elevation (which is why it'll say 99/99). Some people have made it work with massive curves and dead ones, but what we really need is ED to hear our pleas and give us the option of using an absolute axis (which would work perfect with a slider). For now, map it to buttons instead.

Elevation works well here. Like Backspace340 has stated, most likely your keymapping for the radar elevation is wrong. Once had this issue but remapping correctly resolved.

Good luck.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

What about if my Elevation carat is moving but my altitude numbers aren't? Makes it hard to narrow down on a target without using 6 bar. Anyone see this happen in their jet? Or should I be having a serious discussion with my crew chief?

-SnakeShit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html

What about if my Elevation carat is moving but my altitude numbers aren't? Makes it hard to narrow down on a target without using 6 bar. Anyone see this happen in their jet? Or should I be having a serious discussion with my crew chief?

Update to the latest Open Beta - this is a bug that's been fixed there. Either that or wait for the release version to be updated on Wednesday.