Exporting/Importing Controller Profiles

C:\Users\_username_\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\_modulename_\joystick or keyboard or mouse or trackir

Save any file which has .diff.lua extension or simply the entire Input folder.

Diff, or difference files record the difference between your personal setup and the default setup. Without those differences your controls will be the defaults.

• 1 year later...

Yup agree

I answered to a somewhat similar question that may allso assist

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=285082

You'll see in that response that I'm now saving profiles before an update, as I think if any modifications work are done to the Keyboard.lua in the game itself the diff.luas aren't recognized and reset everything to default.

Unless you check before you exit after the update the defaults are saved and you lose the keybindings. Hence the reason for keeping a backup.

Not 100% on that but I'm not the only one to suddenly find that I've lost all my bindings after an update and its really annoying

Yup agree

I answered to a somewhat similar question that may allso assist

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=285082

You'll see in that response that I'm now saving profiles before an update, as I think if any modifications work are done to the Keyboard.lua in the game itself the diff.luas aren't recognized and reset everything to default.

Unless you check before you exit after the update the defaults are saved and you lose the keybindings. Hence the reason for keeping a backup.

Not 100% on that but I'm not the only one to suddenly find that I've lost all my bindings after an update and its really annoying

Thanks for that input because putting the correct files into my new PC didn't go as smoothly as I thought it would. Later on, I will try again with your information.