Can we have zero center detent cam?

horus-DCS

I have gunfight base with MCG pro.

There are 2 types of cam, #10(soft center, originally installed) and #30(hard center) in the package. I have small but anoying ‘clunk’ feeling when the axis come back to center even with #10 cams.

Is there any softer(zero would be the best) center cams out there? If it’s negative, will there be any chance for us to have them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have gunfight base with MCG pro.

There are 2 types of cam, #10(soft center, originally installed) and #30(hard center) in the package. I have small but anoying ‘clunk’ feeling when the axis come back to center even with #10 cams.

Is there any softer(zero would be the best) center cams out there? If it’s negative, will there be any chance for us to have them?

You might want to ask your question here also, you might get a quicker response http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewforum.php?f=24

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

how old/new is your GF? I received one (GF II, with an MCG Pro) in early Jan, and the soft center cams are very soft. I'm using 50# springs with the extension (stock springs without the extension), and it is hard to tell when you hit center unless you let the stick go there on it's own. Are you seeing the 'clunk' issue on both pitch and roll axes? Wondering if there is a 'bad' cam batch or something? What springs are you using?

Can we have zero center detent cam?

how old/new is your GF? I received one (GF II, with an MCG Pro) in early Jan, and the soft center cams are very soft. I'm using 50# springs with the extension (stock springs without the extension), and it is hard to tell when you hit center unless you let the stick go there on it's own. Are you seeing the 'clunk' issue on both pitch and roll axes? Wondering if there is a 'bad' cam batch or something? What springs are you using?

Thanks for your reply.

Mine is GF mk2. So the cams are probably same with yours.

Actually it’s not a product fault, my cams are normal and doing their job. That annoying feeling is just a matter of my personal preference. The #10 cam is definitely soft but I still can feel ‘something’ in the middle of axis range. I’m just lioking for the way to remove it.

Edited by horus-DCS

There has to be somewhat of a center to have the stick return to it when you let go of the grip, unless that's a non-issue.

I believe that VKB HQ plans on designing a different cam variant, aimed at space games based on player feedback, but I am not quite sure if it would bring any benefit for us DCS players in that regard...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 1 month later...

I would as well order a zero-center cam if such would be available, as plan is to tighten the friction so stick will stay in the position where I leave it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Wait a sec.

You mean, there is sort of a pronounced center, like a bump, that you can feel exactly at the center of the range?

I'm confused.

We have soft-center and hard-center cams, and if you have softs installed, and still have a bump - it is definitely a defect, and you should open a ticket at your dealer's. If there is no bump, but the grip still returns to the center, then this is what it has to do and is made for. If you don't want it to return to center, use the softest springs, and tighten the clutch.

But I somehow think there is a misunderstanding and I'm not getting something you mean.

Please elaborate.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator