MCG 4-Way HAT Profiles

Evader

So I have an MCG pro, really like it. Hate the HAT switch profile shapes. My thumb slides off, and I just found it much easier to activate a HAT on my Warthog. Has anybody modified the HAT profiles on the VKB's?

I don't have a 3D Printer (on my wish list, waiting on Snapmaker 2) and not sure how they would turn out, the resolution might not be fine enough to make such a small part.

I cannot be the only one that would rather have more pronounced profiles. Come on VKB......offer some alternatives.....Please.

Anyway just made one up on solidworks quick to get an idea.

1315948898_VKBModifiedHAT.thumb.jpg.fe95bc0c5e475ce6241ee4da670393c7.jpg

Edited by Evader

• 4 weeks later...

Now after a week owning a MCG Pro, I first say that it is the best grip (and stick) available for consumers. This by comparing it to other most popular ones.

And I like to add that I do as well agree that the two hats I would exchange to something else too. The thumb rest one, a wider one so it would be easier to press down and then to sides. It is now possible but requires to set the thumb in good position.

The other is the "Master Mode Control" button. That 4-axis + press button is set IMHO too horizontally, as it is laid down on the circuit board alignment, it makes the "push/pull" axis too horizontal while hand is below. Maybe rotating that one 10-15 degree more counter clockwise would help to use it more easily, and as well a little different button shape for it too.

I believe that VKB could release a 3D models for the buttons for a 3D printers, and then this way allow easy and more safe way for owners to design own buttons shapes. The standard would be the connector and the base for the size so it doesn't hit anything else, and then give a safety margin for the size, but let then people use 3D printers software to make a own shapes.

The 3D printing with 0.2 mm resolution is enough for most cases totally, and then you can always polish the pieces with the chemicals that slightly melts the plastic, making it super smooth. And then of course all basic things, sanding and filing that will make any plastic smooth.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It would be nice, indeed.

However bad news is that .2 mm is absolutely not enough. Our mold is precise to microns, and take my word, a few microns do make big difference.

So VKB cannot post up a 3d printer file simply because we will be blamed every time such button cap gets jammed, or falls off.

We do however appreciate people doing it for themselves, and sharing their files with the community. If it works - we're happy; if it doesn't - no one to blame.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

• ED Team

I changed Master Mode hat from pyramid to more flat form with sphere recess, it allows to get more controlled press-down. Now hat can be pressed without chance of side moving.

attachment.php?attachmentid=193333&d=1535959782

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы