[DCS BUG] Joystick Modifier Button

Lordzarj

Is anyone else having problems using modifiers?

I fly VR so map extra buttons to my Warthog with the pinky switch as the modifier button.

For example pinky+DMS down brings up the kneeboard. With the F-14 I have to press the button combination twice for the kneeboard to appear, releasing the pinky switch between button presses.

I use pinky+the weapons release to switch labels on/off but just now instead of dropping my bombs it turned the labels on without the pinky being pressed. Two attack runs failed this way and I could only get the bombs off by unassigning the labels from the modified weapons release.

I don't see any issues with the FA-18, Mirage, Harrier etc. just the F-14.

Short track on the ground showing this attached.

First time kneeboard opens correctly, then needs double-press to close and another double-press to open again.

NWS (pinky+uncage) also requires double-presses to engage and disengage.

f14.zip

Edited by IronMike

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if it's the same problem, but my modifier seems to lock. But only with F-14.

When I press and release my modifier, it is still locked. To get rid of the lock, I have to press it again.

This is only with the Tomcat. All other planes have no locking the modifier.

Strange and bad.

I like the Tomcat but this is making me crazy. I will never get used to changing my muscle memory from F-14's modifier-toggle to all other's modifier-hold behavior and back every time.

that's too much for me. hope they change this to "normal" modifier-hold asap, or let decide it by a check box in modifier config.

• 1 month later...

Update:

My modifier toggle problem was not caused by a bug but by a mistake of mine. I simply added the modifier accidentally on the right side of the menu which works as toggle while the left side works as a shift, which I prefer. Don't know why I've never noticed this before. :doh: