Mega Mod your opinion

MAFIA

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mafia, sad to hear you are working alone, but if we cannot change that, let me at least give you something that will make your work easier...

Here is some SVN tutorial:

http://translatorweb.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1190753328

Text in above link is just a repost of my original post that I put together for CroMod community, but principles are the same. Since original post is in section of CroFC forum closed to CroMod developers, I've reposted it to a forum on my personal web-page. I use it to translate the particular forum engine that is currently running, so don't be surprised if you see anything funny. Take a look at it, and see if anything is unclear. I mean time I'll dig up passwords for SVN.

Above procedure describes regular usage of SVN. But, you may take it one step further!

After download (checkout) copy all content of local SVN copy (folder) into your LO folder.

Before that, I recommend that you copy/paste your whole LO folder to another location on your HDD and rename it into something convenient .(At one point of time I had 6 copies of LO on my PC, one for fun and other for work, and each worked without any problems.)

After overwriting "normal" files with those from SVN, you will have green check mark over your LO folder icon. Now you can work and test and there is no fear you will screw up file paths on upload. When you change any file, its icon will turn red, your SVN will recognize any changes and will offer you to upload (commit) those changes to SVN repository. Ideal for senile people like me :smilewink:

Main point of putting together SVN and LO into same folder on your HDD is ability to work on any mod, and to have possibility for testers (and even end-users) to have latest version of your work without bothering to perform separate downloads and installations. In a way, it resembles to automatic updates that almost any software does.

I'll have to check for correct setting for anonymous users so you could have more testers without the fear they will accidentally overwrite some files.

I suggest anybody that is interested into testing of this mod or developing his own to check the link above.

Cheerz!

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Hi,

can I be a mod tester please? :joystick:

I'll be happy to help! :thumbup: Just a question: how technical it will be? I'm a flyer but not a technical wiz.

Cheers!

I'm very sorry, but I think that 2 testers is enough.:(

I don't understand your question about technical. Could you try to ask this question in another way?

Guys Renato71 make me think: is it nessesary to make medal and ranks for all new countries? I've never understood why there is in LO medals and ranks... Maybe through out from mod all countries with MiG-29AE (9-12) and make MiG-29A (9-13) only for russian air force?

Will India still be there?

Yes!

Everybody look here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/38610606/m/750101635/p/1 look on posts it's 2004 year but i've never seen something like my MegaMod before! I have the same ideas with this Guy! But he made a lot of new. But i think some of his new thing wouldn't work. For example his AGM-78 misslie it's only possible to replace existing model of agm-88 or agm-45, but without replacing this wouldn't work. Hell!!! It's good that he didn't finished his mod, because my mod wouldn't be interesting!

Cool, and ill gladly help with skins for india's planes etc. just PM me.

I don't think i need more indian skins, because in mod there 2 my skins for indian MiG-29A, new skins for other planes will be only if you replace the existing skins.

What about helicopters. p.s. im not asking u to skin them cuz im gonna skin them for myself. Oh and itd be really helpfull if you could send india as a DL on its own to me when its ready. Because this is what i really want.:)

Lets start testing MegaMod! Renato71, can you make new project here: http://sourceforge.net?

Hi, I've submitted a request for space on sourceforge. We'll have to wait a few days until they reply. As I made a request in my name, when I receive details I'll send them to you. In mean time you will have to create your own account at sourceforge. Because I'll be the first with admin rights I will need your account details at sourceforge so I could transfer those rights to you.

I suggest that everybody who is interested into working (or participating in any way) should open an account at sourceforge as well. Even if you do not need or plan to use SVN, send your sf account info to Mafia (or me). You will be added to users of project. Then you will be given info about mailing list. Subscribe to this mailing list, and when Mafia creates or modifies something within his mod, he can send simple email to this list, and you will receive instatenuous e-mail. Replying to this mail you can reply directly to the mailing list. Everybody subscribed to this list will automaticaly and promtply receive all emails.

Using the mailing list on sf project will make this topic here a bit more "cleaner" and easier to read for "general public" :smilewink:

Btw, I've chosen the name "Lock On Mega Mod". I beleive it can be changed later on without any trouble if you wish something else.

Forgot to mention... On sf you are provided with space for two web-pages! One is general project page, and it looks just like regular sf page, but you can add some info, download links, screenshots ets. Layout posibilities are very limited.

You can also create regular web-page for project with normal layout posibilities, like any other page. To upload the content (html pages) to a separate server, you have to use application named WinSCP, FTP application that works best with strict sf limitations.

OK, now just a bit more patience :)

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

mod?

Мафия, я не понял можно-ли скачать где-то твой мод? Если да, то дай ссылку пожалуйста! Только ответь на несколько вопросов:

-можно ли выкачать только добавленное оружие?

-скачать новые морские и сухопутные юниты ?

-новые самолёты?

ещё вопрос - реально сделать модификацию RAF Tornado GR3, с ракетами аим-7 ? или хотябы добавить эти ракеты в перечень вооружения существующего в игре Торнадо ?

можно ли добавить управляемые ракеты в перечень вооружения 1-В1 ?

желаю- чтобы все !

Мафия, я не понял можно-ли скачать где-то твой мод? Если да, то дай ссылку пожалуйста! Только ответь на несколько вопросов:

-можно ли выкачать только добавленное оружие?

-скачать новые морские и сухопутные юниты ?

-новые самолёты?

ещё вопрос - реально сделать модификацию RAF Tornado GR3, с ракетами аим-7 ? или хотябы добавить эти ракеты в перечень вооружения существующего в игре Торнадо ?

можно ли добавить управляемые ракеты в перечень вооружения 1-В1 ?

Мод ещё не готов, пока в стадии тестирования.

Отдельно скачать какие-то отдельные штуки из мода нельзя будет.

Во первых нет Tornado Gr.3, а есть Tornado F3 и на нём не AIM-7, a Meteor. А возможность сделать для ЛО есть только будет неправильно так как F3 и IDS версии очень сильно внешне отличаются. А добавлять различное вооружение можно с помощью проги под названием LOPE.

давайте полемизировать! )))

вот информация с сайта более-менее уважаемого http://www.airwar.ru/enc/fighter/tornf3.html

там пишут, что Tornado F3!!! (с этим я согласен) может носить "...27-мм пушка IWKA-Mauser (Mauser BK27) с 180 патронами.

Боевая нагрузка - 8550 кг на 8 подвесках:

4 УР класса воздух-воздух Sky Flash

4 УР AIM-9L Sidewinder или до 6 УР AIM-120 AMRAAM или ASRAAM средней дальности..." и ещё пишут что не сильно то он отличается от IDS ;)

про программу LOPE к сожалению не слышал :(

пробовал сам менять в МЕ - в результате игра не запускается :)

желаю- чтобы все !

давайте полемизировать! )))

вот информация с сайта более-менее уважаемого http://www.airwar.ru/enc/fighter/tornf3.html

там пишут, что Tornado F3!!! (с этим я согласен) может носить "...27-мм пушка IWKA-Mauser (Mauser BK27) с 180 патронами.

Боевая нагрузка - 8550 кг на 8 подвесках:

4 УР класса воздух-воздух Sky Flash

4 УР AIM-9L Sidewinder или до 6 УР AIM-120 AMRAAM или ASRAAM средней дальности..." и ещё пишут что не сильно то он отличается от IDS ;)

про программу LOPE к сожалению не слышал :(

пробовал сам менять в МЕ - в результате игра не запускается :)

Сравни:

http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/fighter/tornf3/tornf3-c1.jpg

http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/fighter/torndgr4/torndgr4-c1.jpg

Особенно обтекатели носовые отличаются!

LOPE очень полезная прога! Найди её в инете.

А в МЕ ковыряться может только человек опытный, например Я:).