[NO BUG] Vr tracking stutters

Mking

Hi i can fly and have no stutters with the rift. I crash with the plane reload another a have big tracking stutters.

Edited by IronMike

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

One thing that a mate of mine found with the rift, and it happens with all airframes is: Remove it, count to 10 once the screens have turned off and then put it back on.... As crazy as it seems, this sometimes fixes the stutters

I have this happen sometimes as well... I dont think its fps issues, just the head tracking that gives stutters...

One thing that a mate of mine found with the rift, and it happens with all airframes is: Remove it, count to 10 once the screens have turned off and then put it back on.... As crazy as it seems, this sometimes fixes the stutters

Yep I have tried that and 1 times out of 3 it will fix the problem. Also alt-tab out of full screen, then doing as described (removing, waiting, then putting it back on) then returning to full screen seems to also fix the issue...sometimes.

That seems to be a combined Oculus and DCS issue. I have the same problems with my Rift and removing the headset fixes that for some time. If I take my headset off for a few seconds and look at the Oculus window in 90% of the stutter problems there is also a warning "bad tracking quality", which is even a pain in the a... problem for many Rift users even with good USB3 ports. But only in DCS that stutter appears, I dont have any App with such stutter problems, even in lower fps sequences.

Edited by Foxmike

I guess you don’t mean cpu stutter? You mean when the picture in oculus is very and stuttery.

When you get that, press ctrl and 1 on the numpad to remove the oculus ASW. Then press ctrl and 4 to enable ASW again.

Ctrl 1,2,3,4 on the numpad have different options how oculus renders the picture.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Im roll back from latest nvidia driver. No more vr tracking stutters

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

When you get that, press ctrl and 1 on the numpad to remove the oculus ASW. Then press ctrl and 4 to enable ASW again.

That fixes it for me too ... sometimes I have to do it once, sometimes 20 times, but it finally works.

Im roll back from latest nvidia driver. No more vr tracking stutters

I suspected NVidia/Windows related issue, since I didn't have it on the past, and I reverted to Oculus 1.30 runtime, and I still have it.

Edited by cercata