LTWS L & S Range and closure on HUD?

AvroLanc

I’m a little surprised that’s there’s no Range and Closure info displayed in the HUD for your Launch and Steering contact while in LTWS.

I would assume it would be displayed, since you may want to transition to weapon launch at any time. The same would go for showing the contacts heading in the radar page.

This is possibly a symptom of early implementation of LTWS.... maybe not though.

Also, I was under the impression that a HOTAS function would cycle / swap L & S and DT2. The undesigate button I think. Coming later in EA?

I rewatched Wags video, and at 8:31 it does not show the range and vec info either so maybe that is just the way LTWS is... I might have to uncheck that mode and wait for TWS. But Wags does say the LTWS is for surveillance and not engaging since you get detailed info on up to 3 contacts.

I rewatched Wags video, and at 8:31 it does not show the range and vec info either so maybe that is just the way LTWS is... I might have to uncheck that mode and wait for TWS. But Wags does say the LTWS is for surveillance and not engaging since you get detailed info on up to 3 contacts.

Well maybe, but it's doubtful. It's after all a 'Launch and Steering' contact, there's no sense in not having that info in HUD. I'm putting it down to half complete LTWS at the moment. I'm sure it will come with time.

Also missing is the 'Acquisition Cue'. This is cross shape that takes the place of one of the return bricks, and indicates which track file will become L & S once AACQ mode is commanded.

See the photo below. The small cross above the TDC cursor is the Acquisition Cue.

Radar.thumb.jpg.8fb19eadd31da364afae4ff7e2086bc8.jpg