VKB GF MCG Pro: Buttons assigned, but don't work 'in game'!

Snacko

I have a GF Mk2 MCG Pro..

The bottom/center (square) hat that is labeled 'Ty' (in Russian) has 4 ways and a push button #18. Also, the 4 way + push hat on the left side of the stick has button # 13.

They don't work in DCS!!

I can assign these buttons(#13 & 18) just fine in DCS. No problem.. But when in the game they are not recognized! But the VKBDevCfg app sees them. If I go into the DCS Settings, it sees them. But when I fly DCS does not see them.

I did a Repair on DCS.

Recalibrated my VKB.

Took, the VKB stick and extension off and cleaned the contacts with Rubbing Alcohol.

Shutdown all other apps in SysTray.

Still doesn't work..

Then I tested assignments in IL2 BoS, and every button was the wrong number. VKB said the correct button, but BoS said they were all -1 button less. VKB said it was button 18, BoX said it was button 17, 15 was 14, 22 was 21,.. every button was one less in BoX.. But BoX did see all of my buttons correctly in the game once they were assigned, and they worked fine in the game.

So, I downloaded the latest Firmware, VKBDevCfg, and Bootloader.... Default, Flashed, Calibrated. Fail!!

ARGGG!!

Button 13 & 18 still don't work in DCS!!

I can assign them, but they don't work.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Is not the case of MCG buttons #13 and 18 was set (in default profile) as "mode" selector for their respective hats.

E.g. An HAT is button 14-15-16-17, the you press button #13 and HAT became buttons 23-24-25-26. Rinse and repeat.

Then I tested assignments in IL2 BoS, and every button was the wrong number. VKB said the correct button, but BoS said they were all -1 button less. VKB said it was button 18, BoX said it was button 17, 15 was 14, 22 was 21

There's nothing wrong, Windows, test programs enumerate joysticks buttons from # 1.

Some games, IL-2:46, Great Battles... enumerate joystick buttons from # 0, hence the difference, but this that don't cause any "collateral effect".

Edited by Sokol1_br

Sokol1_br, thanks for the reply, but this happens on other hats.

If you are speaking of the top 2 hats(Master Mode & Gate Cont), that switch from buttons to axis, these are not those hats. I am referring to the other two hats.

Button 18 is the 'Push' button on the PC hat.

Button 13 is the 'Left' button on the Reset hat.

(SEE PIC ATTACHED)

There's nothing wrong, Windows, test programs enumerate joysticks buttons from # 1.

Some games, IL-2:46, Great Battles... enumerate joystick buttons from # 0, hence the difference, but this that don't cause any "collateral effect".

Thanks, that is good to know..

But it is strange that those buttons work fine in IL2, but not in DCS.

I have used these buttons for almost a year with no problems..

Very Strange that they work in IL2 fine, and work in DCS Setup fine. But don't work at all in DCS..

1489646769_MCG3.thumb.jpg.9df44fccd8f8b130d6f0bd1d0eae264c.jpg

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

I think that I have found the problem..

In DCS, I had assigned those two buttons in the category UILayer. Apparently, if you do that, you can still assign those buttons to other commands. But DCS does not tell you about the currently assigned command at the bottom of the Command Assignment Window, like it normally does for other assignments.

Argg... :mad: