F/A-18 Jettison Control STL Files

Blue73

Thanks blihp 🙂

The rotaries have a small metal ring with a notch on it that restricts the armature to a certain number of positions. You want to restrict to 5 positions like the real one.

cheers

John

Edited by Blue73
  • Like 1

Finally I went away from the design above, which is nevertheless a great solution!  @Blue73 did a great job, I really apprechiate his work!

But just for some space-problems, I had to find another way.
I've used the grey outer hull of the rotary-switch and glued a mini push-button into it.
On top of it there's glued the red/white "JETT"-disc.
The grey outer button is connected to > this < rotary-switch.
Works perfectly and is way more easy to build.
You just have to let the cable from the JETT-switch loose enough, so it can move with the rotary-switch.
(OK, one position (clockwise from "stores"-position) is left free, but it absolutely no problem for me.)
But it's a simple solution and it works.

JettSel_1.jpg JettSel_2.jpgJettSel_3.jpg

Edited by Purzel
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/9/2023 at 10:35 AM, Blue73 said:

Thanks blihp 🙂

The rotaries have a small metal ring with a notch on it that restricts the armature to a certain number of positions. You want to restrict to 5 positions like the real one.

I printed both v1 and v2 parts and while the one peg hole for the mouser rotary holds it in place,  when on its side, the washer comes loose without the nut and would no longer be limited. Base probably needs to be redesigned to have the nut as part of it?  Or maybe my layer height is off....

Also have to sand and bore out the Selector Washer to for the PBS-110 Mini Push Button to fit bit then the big button ("Jett button") was sticking out too high so need to cut about a third off.

Is the big Jett Button supposed to rotate or float stationary? 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone had thoughts on a 3D printer? Starting to build a sim pit and I am thinking I will need to invest in one, but will be my 1st one and thinking about a creality ender S1 pro will I able to get good quality prints with this printer? Or with cheaper printers is there more sanding required to get a nice finish? Sorry don’t have any experience with 3d printers. This printer is selling for $599 in Australia, not sure if there is something better in this price range? I came across this topic searching and I am building a fa18 pit so thinking this will be a good 1st project when I get my printer. 

On 8/11/2023 at 1:30 AM, danos_2503 said:

Just wondering if anyone had thoughts on a 3D printer? Starting to build a sim pit and I am thinking I will need to invest in one, but will be my 1st one and thinking about a creality ender S1 pro will I able to get good quality prints with this printer? Or with cheaper printers is there more sanding required to get a nice finish? Sorry don’t have any experience with 3d printers. This printer is selling for $599 in Australia, not sure if there is something better in this price range? I came across this topic searching and I am building a fa18 pit so thinking this will be a good 1st project when I get my printer. 

Hi,

I can recommend the printers from Bambu labs.  The new P1S for example.    I came from Creality s1 pro and 5 and it is like night and day interns of quality and ease of use.  Here are some examples of what my printers from Bambu labs helped me build.  

Josh

null

image.jpeg

IMG_6610.JPG

IMG_7168.JPG

• Like 1