F/A-18 Jettison Control STL Files

Blue73

Hi,

Attached are the STL's to 3D print your own F/A-18 Jettison control knob.

I had sourced the push button locally, the rotary switch is standard (part #:A11205RNCQ) The push button I couldn't find on Mouser but I have attached the dimensions. Here's the link to the push button I've used.

https://www.altronics.com.au/p/s1405-spst-mom.-solder-tail-pushbutton-switch/

Construction Details

Pi5kykc.png

STL Files

Jettison Control.zip

Jett Selector Button with Text.zip

Jett Control_MultiSelector Gear v1.zip

Update: V2 Version using the more popular push button type: PBS-110 Mini Micro Push Button, red cap, on page 3.

cheers

John

Edited by Blue73
New V2 available.
  • Like 2

Anytime Gotwake, I'm happy to contribute anyway I can. :)

When I finish my panel build I'll release them in much the same way.

cheers

John

Thank you john, you are a hero to this section of the forums!!!

Please let us know if there is anyway that we can compensate you for the time and effort you've put into your design work!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

pffffff, what a masterpiece, thank you

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

John, thx for the details and files. Great job!

But: You forgot the the paypal link... ;)

Your effort has to be honored!

Sry for being late at the party:

Just found a 8pos rotary so that gears can - as an alternative - be designed as 1:1

(link deleted)

Maybe make it easier as this switch can be used for radar and INS as well.

Edited by RightStuff
eBay-Link deleted: Item was only a 12pos rotary, reduced to 8pos

Cheers RightStuff, happy to share! If you do see my Paypal address appear you'll know my employment status has changed. :noexpression:

Yes an 8pos would improve the design as the selector gear would be larger. Locally there were no 45deg rotary's available so I geared it down to accommodate a 30deg rotary. If there's demand for it I can redesign for a 45.

I've used 45's on my INS and RADAR controls. Waiting for the pull action on the RADAR knob to be DCS-BIOS controllable though.

cheers

John

John, thx for the details and files. Great job!

But: You forgot the the paypal link... ;)

Your effort has to be honored!

Sry for being late at the party:

Just found a 8pos rotary so that gears can - as an alternative - be designed as 1:1

https://www.ebay.de/itm/400830554646

Maybe make it easier as this switch can be used for radar and INS as well.

blue, u are raising the bar, as always,

THATs a really professional construction/instruction:thumbup:

John, I have a feature request...

May you pls add a STL of an alternative Jettison Knob with the white ring and "JETT" on it?

'Engraved' by 1mm should be ok to fill it with white color.

Then sanding would not wash out the lettering.

Thanks for your effort!

Hi Rightstuff,

I've attached 3 versions to the original post.

Embossed thinner text

uULty42.png

Embossed thicker text

AuhI128.png

Raised Text < I find this easier to paint, of course can't smooth except with vapor smoothing.

SyFQ5jJ.png

cheers

John

John, I have a feature request...

May you pls add a STL of an alternative Jettison Knob with the white ring and "JETT" on it?

'Engraved' by 1mm should be ok to fill it with white color.

Then sanding would not wash out the lettering.

Thanks for your effort!

Edited by Blue73

• 3 months later...

Brother this is a work of art!

Thank you for sharing this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Has anyone been able to source the switch or a suitable replacement here in the US? $38.00 shipping is a little steep.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I found a switch on eBay with seems to fight the dimensions. I used at first a switch was to small but made it possible to assemble the unit and check the mechanic. The switch was not high engouh. I waiting for the switches from eBay I ordered in Great Britain 5 switch 8€ incl shipping.

Check the pdf file from blue in the download for dimensions.