AIM-54 tracking in P-STT

Hello !

Multiple people have posted on this forum (it is also stated in the manual) about P-STT and the unability in this mode to send guidance signals to the AIM-54, although it seems like they are being sent in DCS. I am able to guide AIM-54s on target just like I would in PD-STT and without the missile seeker itself acquiring lock just after launch.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3867885&postcount=19

One good document which says that in P-STT, the phoenix is only available in active, which I suppose means it'll rely on it's own seeker for guidance although I'm not certain of that. The OG post is also a reference to the manual which states P-STT does not send guidance signals.

Track attached.

Hope you crush this :).

Cheers,

Rex.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's correct that it's only in PD that guidance commands can be sent.

What happens in other modes is that the missile will be launched active, locking onto the first thing it sees along its seeker field of view.

The prelaunch command do set the missile seekerhead direction before launch though, allowing the missile to be launched towards the locked target if available, making it much more likely to go for the correct target even if not updated after launch.