The Cobra move?

Man I have tried to pull this move off for some time now and I cant get it right. I seen videos of people doing it right but for some reason I cant. Does my nose have to be at a certain degree and then I hit k? When I do it I end up upside down and stalling can someone help me Im trying to make a movie.:helpsmilie:

Man I have tried to pull this move off for some time now and I cant get it right. I seen videos of people doing it right but for some reason I cant. Does my nose have to be at a certain degree and then I hit k? When I do it I end up upside down and stalling can someone help me Im trying to make a movie.:helpsmilie:

Easy when you know how ;)

In the MiG-29, Su-27, or Su-33 . . .

At less than 450km/h, press the K key and pull the stick all the way back.

The way the aircraft reacts to this in the game is scripted rather than calculated, but it's accurate enough and produces a very nice-looking maneuvre . . . .

Just don't try it in combat, it makes for a very big target!

Just don't try it in combat, it makes for a very big target!

Very true, only time this worked with me: a bandit I was following was low and slow and he pulled the cobra. I thought he was going to crash and disengaged. Next thing I know he was locking me up I think he shot me down. That 27 has crazy AoA ability.

After that though the cobra has never worked against me.

Of course it is - people use a cobra/hook like that now and then, in LOMAC. Now if the Cobra actually slowed you down to the 90kph it's supposed to though, you wouldn't be surviving the attempt all that well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yes you'd be a very juicy target for the next gen short range missiles pulling a 180 degree reverse turn cued via the HMSD or data links, I think Thrust Vectoring will be relegated to airshows and STOL.

Of course it is - people use a cobra/hook like that now and then, in LOMAC. Now if the Cobra actually slowed you down to the 90kph it's supposed to though, you wouldn't be surviving the attempt all that well.

You don't need next-gen missiles. An AIM-9 or guns will do the job nicely.

Yes you'd be a very juicy target for the next gen short range missiles pulling a 180 degree reverse turn cued via the HMSD or data links, I think Thrust Vectoring will be relegated to airshows and STOL.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda