Bomb rack always on in default missions

Sporg

In the default quick missions for the A-8, it is always configured with the bomb rack on.

Shouldn't it default to bomb rack off, unless it is actually a bombing mission?

To be honest, it looks a little silly intercepting B-17s at altitude, with a group of fighters with bomb racks on all of them. ;) :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

The rack was present on lot of Fw 190A8. Because it takes time to remove it, some fighter plane had it constantly. So they could be used as fighter and fighter bomber.

But Fw 190 could get the rack removed. Some squadron had it remove because they weren't that much used in ground attack role. But majority of the A8 had it for each flight.

The rack was present on lot of Fw 190A8. Because it takes time to remove it, some fighter plane had it constantly. So they could be used as fighter and fighter bomber.

But Fw 190 could get the rack removed. Some squadron had it remove because they weren't that much used in ground attack role. But majority of the A8 had it for each flight.

Thanks.

Wasn't aware of that.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Well, actually it's supposed to be related with some CoG change due to the extra rear fuel tank (which doesn't appear filled by default either). Having the rack always mounted helped with that.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

The ETC is for drop tanks too. ATM we don't have one in DCS, but i think it will come later.

If you look at historical pictures, a lot of A-7/A-8/A-9 have the ETC installed.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals