EWR Detection as trigger?

PukkaJob

Trying to make a 2 player mission where an SU-27 inteceptor parked at an enemy arifield will take off and engage when detected by the base's EWR system.

From what I've already researched, this may require a script to do?

Moose has an entire class that does that. A2a_ai_dispatch

You can create an ewr network and scramble squadrons that commit ai aircraft to intercept any hostile entering the detection radius. You can also create a border to reproduce a cold war situation.

Inviato dal mio CPH1877 utilizzando Tapatalk

I have looked into that, but will the script MOOSE offer spawn a new interceptor every time we are detected on the EWR?

For example, if we get detected, a SU-27 spawns to intecept us, we then turn around and fly out of EWR range, the SU-27 goes to fly back to base, then we fly back into EWR range, will it then spawn another SU-27?

Also, if we shoot the first SU-27 down, will another one spawn? I'd only like 1 inteceptor for this mission.

Many thanks,

I have looked into that, but will the script MOOSE offer spawn a new interceptor every time we are detected on the EWR?

For example, if we get detected, a SU-27 spawns to intecept us, we then turn around and fly out of EWR range, the SU-27 goes to fly back to base, then we fly back into EWR range, will it then spawn another SU-27?

Also, if we shoot the first SU-27 down, will another one spawn? I'd only like 1 inteceptor for this mission.

Many thanks,

You can set the total number of planes available for each squadron. And how many planes will be spawned for each blue planes.

You just want a single enemy? You can simply put 1 plane spawn for each blue and 1 plane available from the squadron.

Only that plane will be spawned and if killed won't spawn again.

Thanks Mano!

I'll give that a try tonight.

Do you know, if there is a way to have the inteceptor plane waiting at base from mission start? This would be good so if we made it to the airbase undetected, we could destroy the inteceptor as it was parked, thus rendering the base unable to launch an intecept.

many thanks!!

Not that I'm aware of.

However you can set it that it has to takeoff from the runway and if you reduce the detection range of the ewr network it may not have the time to takeoff before you get to the strike.

Do you know, if there is a way to have the inteceptor plane waiting at base from mission start? This would be good so if we made it to the airbase undetected, we could destroy the inteceptor as it was parked, thus rendering the base unable to launch an intecept.

Could you spawn in a static interceptor at the airbase in question and have it despawn when the interceptor script goes active? Also write an event to disable the interceptor script if the static aircraft is damaged? Just getting started with MOOSE myself but I think the tools are there to make it work...

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”