The aiming piper for guns in Russian aircraft

jeanfox

Hello!

My question is if the bug of the aiming piper for guns in Russian aircraft has been corrected in version 1.1?

Please, ED dev., check and correct it. This is very important for me and my fellows in dogfight.

Thanks!

3GO*CHN-302/JeanFox, 3GO Cyber Air Force

Re: The aiming piper for guns in Russian aircraft

Hello!

My question is if the bug of the aiming piper for guns in Russian aircraft has been corrected in version 1.1?

Please, ED dev., check and correct it. This is very important for me and my fellows in dogfight.

Thanks!

Yes, it's been corrected

According to 1987 paper I had, the MiG29 weapon system was credited with some auto-firing feature:

if feature is selected, and the trigger is kept pulled by the pilot, a burst is fired when the telemetry laser and IR tracking system tell the tracked target is right in the line of fire...

...Reason why there's so few bullets in the Fulcrum's payload.

Is this information accurate or was it just an assumption?

"Heroism is the only way to get famous when you got no talent" Pierre Desproges

"Whether fifty millions people say a stupid thing,

it's still a stupid thing." Anatole France

According to 1987 paper I had, the MiG29 weapon system was credited with some auto-firing feature:

if feature is selected, and the trigger is kept pulled by the pilot, a burst is fired when the telemetry laser and IR tracking system tell the tracked target is right in the line of fire...

...Reason why there's so few bullets in the Fulcrum's payload.

Is this information accurate or was it just an assumption?

I've heard about this system as well - don't know how realistic it is, but if the pipper goes back to being as accurate as it was in Flanker 2.5, then you don't really need it :wink:

I remember the Mig29 addon for Falcon3 had it. Worked great, but as explained in the manual it doesn't know when the target is destroyed, so if there are parts that are still big enough to track it would keep firing, even after the target was shot down.

________

ST series

Edited by DayGlow

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

If you have the choice between wasting ammo on a dead target or wasting ammo... why don't you just release the trigger? :lol:

This counterpart is nothing compared to a good shot at the good time while maneuvering such a nervous craft.

I remember it on F3.0, yes, useless once you got the plane in hand and when you have time to adjust, but under "pressure", it's worth it, if it works. 8)

"Heroism is the only way to get famous when you got no talent" Pierre Desproges

"Whether fifty millions people say a stupid thing,

it's still a stupid thing." Anatole France

Re: The aiming piper for guns in Russian aircraft

Hello!

Thanks!

Yes, it's been corrected

Excellent. I've been wondering about this one as well. There is nothing more satisfying than a good guns dogfight in LOCKON!