Mod keeps using Su-25T controls instead or own

Hi there. I am new to the whole modding business and I am currently working on getting the E-2D to be flyable while using DCS textures. I have come across an issue where I have all the files set up and I can fly the E-2D but it keeps using the Su-25T files instead of its own. I have set it to use Su-33 avionics and I have even copied other working mod's file layouts to no avail.

Any ideas? Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Hi there. I am new to the whole modding business and I am currently working on getting the E-2D to be flyable while using DCS textures. I have come across an issue where I have all the files set up and I can fly the E-2D but it keeps using the Su-25T files instead of its own. I have set it to use Su-33 avionics and I have even copied other working mod's file layouts to no avail.

Any ideas? Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Hello did you add your imput folder and also did you call your imput type in entry lua?

in case you don't know how below is how.

in your mod structure add a folder called input ,inside input add another folder named your aircraft then inside that your keyboard,joystic and name lua.

also add this to your entry

InputProfiles =

{

["E-2D"] = current_mod_path .. '/Input/E-2D',

},

example

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

Edited by cubanace

Instead of "nil" after "support cockpit," add this without quotes "{'E-2D', nil, old=4}". Let me know if that did the trick. If not, you can also send me your mod and I'll try to figure it out. No promises.

Having "nil" instead of the line you said determines whether or not it uses pre-coded systems from FC3/base game. (old=# dictates that by avionics type) The controls themselves will have to be done through the InputProfiles variable. ["E-2C"] or ["E-2D"] inside InputProfiles will do it depending on how the aircraft name has been decided with its name in the Scripts/Database/planes directory within its respective file.

EDIT: Inside the E-2C.lua file within the Scripts/Database/planes directory, you see this line:

plane( "E-2C", _("E-2D"),

The hard fixed quotations for "E-2C" determine the actual plane name. However, the quoted "E-2D" within the parentheses prefixed with an underscore determines the displayed name. The displayed name appears for how the aircraft name is shown for MP aircraft names, and in the game itself. Try changing your InputProfiles to this.

InputProfiles =
 {
     ["E-2C"] = current_mod_path .. '/Input/E-2D',
 },

Edited by Sirius
more clarification

some new information that might help, after a bit of testing it turns out that even with comms menu key properly set the comms menu refuses to come up, this also transfers to other planes even after leaving the E-2D. This only occurs once one has spawned in to the E-2D.

• 2 months later...