Can't get Mavericks to lock on.

Temp89

Have read the other threads and watched tutorial videos.

Playing the short versions of the M17 training mission and I can't get the non-laser Mavericks to lock in any of them. These are my steps:

1. Press A/G mode button & master arm on.

2. Go to stores and select Mavericks so IRMV is boxed. Ready tone already displayed.

3. Press Sensor Aft twice to get light green cam feed on right MFD.

4. Press TDC down (not aft) to lock ground and then use TDC to slew over target.

5. Uncage maverick to get black & green cam feed on left MFD. Press FOV button to zoom in.

6. Press Sensor Fwd once. At this point I have feeds on both MFDs and pressing the TDC slew will slew both cameras.

7. I have a BMP dead center on both screens and when I press TDC down it should lock, but it doesn't. Am within 7.5nm. Both MFDs have IRMV boxed displayed and on the HUD is IRMV U.

Have confirmed that TDC down and bomb pickle buttons are working for other tasks.

I read on Hoggit that spawning with your Mavericks already cooled down is bugged so I ran the cooldown sequence for >3 mins even though it already says RDY TONE, but no difference. What am I missing?

Untitled.thumb.png.4234446b1cd4464006d503aa8ac211ab.png

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

What am I missing?

You are still in DMT-TV mode ("TV" at the top left of the MPCD), you need to cycle to the IRMV i.e.

• Sensor Select FWD to make Maverick Sensor of Interest (SoI), Top LH MPCD changes from TV to IRMV

• TDC 'Down' button [Enter] to attempt Maverick lock (cross closes on target)

[*]Press Sensor Fwd once. At this point I have feeds on both MFDs and pressing the TDC slew will slew both cameras.

You are still in DMT-TV mode i.e. you are slewing the Target Point and the Maverick IR seeker is following.

In IRMV mode, the IR seeker slews independently of the target point and the DMT-TV does not track.

A typical use of this would be to designate a TP near a group of vehicles, make the IRMV SoI and slew the IR seeker to the first target, lock and fire then repeat with the other IRMAV's without moving the DMT-TV target point between shots (just uncaging and changing modes as req'ed to make the IRMV's SoI).

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Got some trouble with it and the solution below from another user from this tread worked for me: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207209&page=2

As i see in the picture you've attached, IRMV is not boxed on HUD, it might be that:

Probable solution!!!!!

Guys just have this issue with a friend of mine he is using a saitek X52, PLease check game controls under Communications theres an REQUEST AWACS HOME BASE with Lwin+U assigned, same as Sensor Select FWD!!!!! this caused an issue with the X52 not knowing what to do... Remove that Lwin+U from the REQUEST AWACS HOME BASE

I was always able to use my Hotas Warthog for activating IRMV

He removed that double key bind and he was able to select IRMV

I dont have issues with it and my friend any more

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

Edited by LCO489

You were right. Sensor Fwd wasn't doing anything. There was no highlighted control conflict but once I changed the keybind and made it go from TV to IRMV it was able to lock.

I was using default keybindings for everything so might be a bug?

Edited by Temp89

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.