Release date? File size? versions?

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Any firm release date ?

There will a 1.1 new add-on and a separate 1.03 patch - the patch will be included in 1.1 or will I have to patch the 1.02 first and the apply 1.1?

I am asking this because of possible incompatibilities between missions made for 1.02 and the 1.1/1.03.

And the 1.1 add-on how big it will be ? 600MB+ 1.1 and a 20MB+ patch?

Russian version of Addon has a size of 2CD, because of full set of new ground textures for all 4 seasons. I'm not sure what's size downloadable version will have. Let's wait for a announcement.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Russian version of Addon has a size of 2CD, because of full set of new ground textures for all 4 seasons. I'm not sure what's size downloadable version will have. Let's wait for a announcement.

I think one of the cds will contain the original Lock On game, and the second cd will contain the add-on. I suppose the ones who want to download only the add-on from their site, will be able to do that, but this is my personal belief, and not based on any statement from ED.

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

Hmmmm .. does it mean that 1.1 will be 2 CDs big ...? And its downloadable version will be as sizeable as well ... ?

I hope downloadable version will not be 'limited' or 'cut' in comparison to 'full', CD based version ...

Any input from ED side ..?

IMO, the best they could do for downloaders is to split the addon into little primary part (say, bugfixes and new aircraft) and a number of optional ones (separately downloadable but not necessary for patched/addoned Lock On to function), requiring the primary one to be installed before. But since I'm definitely not the only smart human on the planet, I believe their solution is not worse :)

I think one of the cds will contain the original Lock On game, and the second cd will contain the add-on.

Unlikely. We've been promised (on russian part of this forum) that it will be a real addon, requiring original Lock On CD to play.

What I meant was that I heard that ED will make a package available that contains both the original LOMAC and the add-on. I believe that the 2 CD edition will be comprised of these two items. I don't think that the add-on is bigger than the original game, which only consists of 1 CD.

If what I am saying is correct, then the downloadable add-on will not require 2 CDs of harddrive space. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong :?:

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away