Stores bug

mattag08

It seems a new bug(feature?) related to stores has been introduced as of a patch or two ago. Now after ordnance is expended, there seems to be no noticeable increase in performance from the (now) reduced drag and weight of the airframe. It seems as if the flight model is still being processed based on the initial state of the aircraft.

See this post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=244657

I've tested this with TALDs as well as all the F-14's air-to-air missiles and it seems to be a universal problem. Other friends in multiplayer indicate the same behavior with the F/A-18C. I suspect that there is an issue with aircraft weight used in FM calculations being updated throughout the mission because fuel seems to be treated similarly. The aircraft flies the same at fuel fuel, 50%, or nearly empty.

Currently a clean F-14B that started with full fuel and a combat loadout of 4-2-2 is requiring nearly MIL power to maintain altitude in the Case I pattern even after dropping all stores and reducing fuel down to less than 9,000 lbs. Prior to this issue, it was more common to see around 5.5k-6.5k PPH fuel flow be sufficient depending on weight.

The TALDs are the most obvious indication of the problem as even with the TALDs and their racks jettisoned, the aircraft flies as if it was about to fall out of the sky.

This is being posted in the DCS 2.5 bugs section because Heatblur explained that stores drag and weight calculations and aircraft gross weight is handled exclusively by the DCS engine and not by the 3rd party FM. Also, it seems to be a problem that is affecting more than just the F-14B, I just happen to have only personally tested it there so far.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII