[Pre-planned failures should not be used for MP] IFEI shows 0 fuel

Gneu06

Hello all

I am facing this issue with the Hornet since a long time ago and still facing it in the open beta:

At some point in time (random, but more at middle or end of the mission), the IFEI starts to show 0 fuel (internal and external) whereas there is still fuel in the aircraft tanks (no issue to fly).

The BINGO alert rings and is displayed on left DDI too.

It seems to happen more in multiplayer than single player

Thanks for help

• ED Team

Hi

we would really need to see a track replay, which you can save after exiting your mission during the debrief screen.

This is so we can reproduce the issue for the dev team on our internal builds.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Thanks for the track, very odd, not seen this myself.

I initial thought you may have taken damage, but that was not the case.

Do you use any unofficial mods or tweaks, or is you client pure?

I have tried to reproduce myself but no luck yet, will keep investigating.

thanks for the info

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the track, very odd, not seen this myself.

I initial thought you may have taken damage, but that was not the case.

Do you use any unofficial mods or tweaks, or is you client pure?

I have tried to reproduce myself but no luck yet, will keep investigating.

thanks for the info

Hi

Thanks! No mods, except some liveries

To help I hope: it is systematic on this mission (home made, training ground) and issue is valid on both Stable and OB. For some other missions files, sometimes it just does not happen, or after a longer period. Because of that, I though it was linked to the mission itself, but it happened as well on the integrated F18 campaign mission (the one where you have to bomb some tanks near a river)

In multiplayer, when I am hosting through my own computer, even weirder things happen:

- First part: The F18 just simply shut down in the middle of the flight, no damage taken, still fuel in tanks (see IFEI)

- After respawn on a new fresh aircraft (no server reset), I have buttons not working, the right engine that does not ignite, the landing gear that does not do up,... that made me crash after take-off

- After server reset, everything is fixed (until it happen again after some time)

• ED Team

It looks like a random failures bug, did you ever have them enabled in the mission?

If you look in the mission file in side the .MIZ you will see individual failures enabled for some reason.

If the mission was made for single player with random failures, and then edited for MP it can create problems

Edited by BIGNEWY

It looks like a random failures bug, did you ever have them enabled in the mission?

If you look in the mission file in side the .MIZ you will see individual failures enabled for some reason.

If the mission was made for single player with random failures, and then edited for MP it can create problems

OK, so I just need to look into the .miz and removed any random failure event I could find in?

As advised it happened to me in a core F/A-18C mission (part of the integrated small 5 mission campaign), so this exists for pure single player mission too

• ED Team

Yes If you look at the mission file inside the miz you will see random failures that have been left in, it maybe possible to edit it manually but be careful it can be very easy to break the mission.

This is not so much a bug, more of pre-planned failures should not be used for Multiplayer.

make a backup of the miz before you do any editing.

Yes If you look at the mission file inside the miz you will see random failures that have been left in, it maybe possible to edit it manually but be careful it can be very easy to break the mission.

This is not so much a bug, more of pre-planned failures should not be used for Multiplayer.

make a backup of the miz before you do any editing.

OK but it is still a bug as in the mission editor the random failures are turned off.

They my have been turned on at some point but they are off now

Tried to update the mission, not sure where to change to remove the failures, what is the name of the section? Then some fields enable = true to change to false I suppose?

Thks

• ED Team
OK but it is still a bug as in the mission editor the random failures are turned off.

They my have been turned on at some point but they are off now

Tried to update the mission, not sure where to change to remove the failures, what is the name of the section? Then some fields enable = true to change to false I suppose?

Thks

Yes

Probably the safest way would be to edit true to false on each of the failures listed in the mission file.

I will speak to the team about this.

Yes

Probably the safest way would be to edit true to false on each of the failures listed in the mission file.

I will speak to the team about this.

Just did that, will tell if it fixes the issue asap

• 3 weeks later...