IR Mavervick Uncage to slew with TGT

AvroLanc

I imagine this might get move to Wish List [Coming Later] etc, but

I've got doubts as to the systems accuracy of the Mav F. It seems that you can slew the seeker to a designated target (e.g. Waypoint), but then it's impossible to slew away, you can undesignate but this then removes TMR range information, which kinda feels wrong. The manual states

In addition to manually slewing the seeker to locate and lock onto a target, the seeker may also be slaved to a target (TGT). This could be a waypoint designated target (WPDSG) or a target created witha sensor. With a TGT created, the Maverick seeker will slew to the target location. Once there, press the Cage/Uncage [C] button to uncage the seeker and allow manual slew.

The problem is: There's no way to allow manual slew without undesignating TGT. The Cage/Uncage command does nothing. Enabling/fixing this would solve the problem.

There's no track since it wouldn't help to illustrate issue.

Hmm... based on that description, it sounds like when a TGT is designated, the Maverick slaves to it when CAGED. In other words...

Current Operation

- When caged, TGT or no TGT: slaved to boresight

- When uncaged, no TGT: free slew

- When uncaged, TGT: slaved to TGT

Potentially Correct Operation

- When caged, no TGT: slaved to boresight

- When caged, TGT: slaved to TGT

- When uncaged, TGT or no TGT: free slew

This does make sense, although I can see it being correct either way. Will see what ED says.

Hmm... based on that description, it sounds like when a TGT is designated, the Maverick slaves to it when CAGED. In other words...

Current Operation

- When caged, TGT or no TGT: slaved to boresight

- When uncaged, no TGT: free slew

- When uncaged, TGT: slaved to TGT

Potentially Correct Operation

- When caged, no TGT: slaved to boresight

- When caged, TGT: slaved to TGT

- When uncaged, TGT or no TGT: free slew

This does make sense, although I can see it being correct either way. Will see what ED says.

This would make sense from my understanding. Being able to designate a TGT and have the Maverick slave to it, then able to slew (while retaining the TGT) is an important capability.

It does seem the IR Mav was slightly rushed out to us, and then left a little incomplete.

• ED Team

Hi all

this is early access and the team are busy tweaking elements of the TGP, we will see new features in coming updates.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

this is early access and the team are busy tweaking elements of the TGP, we will see new features in coming updates.

thanks

Respectfully, this doesn't seem to be related to the TGP, but rather to the cage/uncage behavior of the Mavericks. It doesn't matter if the designated target (TGT) is set with the TGP TDC Depress or via WPDSG, the missile's behavior is the same.

Although, based on the recent AUTO bombing target elevation bug, I would expect the entire TGT designation logic to get a facelift, even if it's just in the code.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• ED Team
Respectfully, this doesn't seem to be related to the TGP, but rather to the cage/uncage behavior of the Mavericks. It doesn't matter if the designated target (TGT) is set with the TGP TDC Depress or via WPDSG, the missile's behavior is the same.

Although, based on the recent AUTO bombing target elevation bug, I would expect the entire TGT designation logic to get a facelift, even if it's just in the code.

You are correct, I assumed it was related to the issues with the TGP.

I will see what I can find out about this.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Still looking into this,

Just wanted to mention we do have a related bug when a MAV is used with WPDSG it will only slave once, and not afterwards.

So this is something that needs to be fixed.

I am still looking into if the MAV can be slewed or not while in WPDSG, when I find out I will pass it on.

I imagine this might get move to Wish List [Coming Later] etc, but

I've got doubts as to the systems accuracy of the Mav F. It seems that you can slew the seeker to a designated target (e.g. Waypoint), but then it's impossible to slew away, you can undesignate but this then removes TMR range information, which kinda feels wrong. The manual states

In addition to manually slewing the seeker to locate and lock onto a target, the seeker may also be slaved to a target (TGT). This could be a waypoint designated target (WPDSG) or a target created witha sensor. With a TGT created, the Maverick seeker will slew to the target location. Once there, press the Cage/Uncage [C] button to uncage the seeker and allow manual slew.

The problem is: There's no way to allow manual slew without undesignating TGT. The Cage/Uncage command does nothing. Enabling/fixing this would solve the problem.

There's no track since it wouldn't help to illustrate issue.

Still looking into this,

Just wanted to mention we do have a related bug when a MAV is used with WPDSG it will only slave once, and not afterwards.

So this is something that needs to be fixed.

I am still looking into if the MAV can be slewed or not while in WPDSG, when I find out I will pass it on.

Thanks Harker for clarifying the issue.

Thanks BIGNEWY for looking into it.