Question on zipped folder in DCS for mods

I have a question about a zipped final destination folder in DCS. A friend wanted me to help him install a mod for the FA-18C HUD. I followed the installation path all the way to the files I wanted to replace, but they were in a zipped folder on the main game folder. I stopped and thought about it and figured I could unzip the folder and install the 2 modded files and either rename the old ones or remove them from the folder before zipping it back up. But I figured something could go wrong like not using the correct zip type or fail an integrity check etc. Does DCS use zipped folders in real time and unzip them when the game is first started??

Thanks,

DB

edit: Here is the path for the textures recommended by the mod maker to remove old files(2) and install the 2 new ones.

DCS World/Mods/Aircraft/FA-18C/Cockpit/Textures/FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES/

The FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES is the zipped file at the end of the path where the mod is to be installed.

Edited by davebert

There is no other format then Zip. You can't do anything wrong. Either unzip, replace, zip or just drop them in the zipped folder and replace the files.

Thanks razo+r. I guess I was thinking correct about it. So I guess DCS unzips the folder to use the files as necessary.

DB