Probably asked, but....(bandwidth)

Req's say Recommended 50Mps. This up or down on the server? Not too many people I know (read that as none) have 50 up. I buy a high(ish) end pipe, and I only get 250 down, 12 up. About to try hosting this using the dedicated server, but wondering if I'm shooting myself in the foot before I even start

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

You’re obviously not in Australia..... 250 down and 12 up....? You lucky bastard...!!! :-) I run 2 separate 24 / 7 machines for our group. One is an i3 with a 1050Ti running a single server (limited max users 16) and the second machine is an i5 no video card running 2 severs (limited max users to 10 per server) with no local Australian issues. Our US and UK members that join our servers only "very" occasionally notice small lag issues but we get the same issues when we Aussies login to their 2 servers which are both on 1 Gbit up/down connections, so that’s obviously not a local ISP bandwidth issue. My internet is 35 down and 8 up... I don’t think bandwidth will be an issue for someone with your privileged, silver spoon, luxury internet.... :-) :-)

Have an outstanding day mate.

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/

Req's say Recommended 50Mps. This up or down on the server? Not too many people I know (read that as none) have 50 up. I buy a high(ish) end pipe, and I only get 250 down, 12 up. About to try hosting this using the dedicated server, but wondering if I'm shooting myself in the foot before I even start

It's really depends on the mission complexity and number of players connected.

Each entity ( Units ) should be synced between all clients, that require bandwidth of course. Based on my experience a well maded mission, medium-big complexity and 10 players connected, can burn up to 1.5mbps, and it's rises exponentially as more player join.

If you have 12mbps of upload and you use that mainly to host DCS it's ok, if you start doing some other stuff with the same connection, I think your players can experience some trouble ( at least more than the normal one that you have flying DCS in MP )

If you need more detailed data, i'll try to make some measurament in the next days.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying - Appreciate both your input on this. Space_Cadet, trust me, I'm paying for it, but I appreciate the compliment ;)

Maverick, no worries. We've tested it with just a couple of us and so far, it's working well. We just haven't had a chance when we could all jump on at stress test it.

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)